Confused on which rear end to replace 7.5 with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
not to hijack the thread but it looks like something very strange happened and the thread title got jacked up. If anyone could LMK what its supposed to be or just post it here I'll fix it and hope its not happening to other threads (!) thx.
It was something like "Confused on which rear end to replace 7.5 with" in all caps.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I think the OP started another thread this morning that went with the erroneous title that is now on this one.

Piper5314

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2016
I AM BUILDING A 85 ELCO & HAS BEEN MANY YEAS SINCE I HAVE WRENCHED ON CARS
I HAVE BEEN READIND THE THREADS ON REAR END REPLACMENTS,
MOTOR GOING IN IS A 383 STROKER APPROX 520 HP NOW THE REAR END THAT CAME WITH CAR IS A 7.5 10 BOLT 343 POSI LOCKER AFTER READING THREADS IM CON VINCED I NEED A STRONGER REAR END SO WITH THAT B EING SAID WHAT SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR THAT WILL BOLT IN WITHOUT ANY FAB HAVE ACCESS TO A 10 BOLT OUT OF A 71 CHEVELLE WILL THIS FIT APPRECIATE ALL ADVISE

Looks like you need to sell me that old 7.5 you're taking out. I need one, and I'm not ever going to see a track. I'm in TN, where are you located?

david lehman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
la quinta ca.
Looks like you need to sell me that old 7.5 you're taking out. I need one, and I'm not ever going to see a track. I'm in TN, where are you located?
its a 7.5 posi out of 85 el camino I will let it go pretty cheep but shipping could be expsive palm springs ca. dave 760 673 9618 or 760 3451607

Last edited:

david lehman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
la quinta ca.
not to hijack the thread but it looks like something very strange happened and the thread title got jacked up. If anyone could LMK what its supposed to be or just post it here I'll fix it and hope its not happening to other threads (!) thx.
I got enough info on the rear end replacement & was trying to start another tread on a lost key but know one seems to be replying on it not to mention I am not to savy on the computer it keeps asking me to update my status but have no idea what its asking what status

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor