Decent Oil leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The wide intakes on Olds V8 can be a b*tch to seal. I find you need a 3 layer tall bead to seal the valley area. Hopefully they didn't use the rubber end seals, they usually leak.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
The wide intakes on Olds V8 can be a b*tch to seal. I find you need a 3 layer tall bead to seal the valley area. Hopefully they didn't use the rubber end seals, they usually leak.
I just hope it isn't the main seal or the oil pan......i don't have the skills to pull the motor out to fix that stuff.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Added the dye in the car. Will drive it for a week or two and see what happens.
If it leaks like you say it does, go out this evening with your black light and look around back there. You should see it immediately.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
If it leaks like you say it does, go out this evening with your black light and look around back there. You should see it immediately.
I will check tomorrow when I drive it to work. I get a spot on the garage floor about the size of a dollar bill cut in half over night

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Looks like I upgraded from "Decent" to "magnificent" oil leak. That's from having a heavier foot today compared to other days....

Attachments

• 20190419_201257.jpg
    20190419_201257.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Ya I know, not good. Usually its a few drops....but That's the worst I've seen it so far. Hopefully it goes back to a few drops while parked. Guess it depends how I drive it

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I dimple the intake and block and never have problems with oil leaking

dimplea.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor