EFI Fuel Tank

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have wanted to do the same, I was the tank to be centered and a little larger. Only issue I have found is that there isn't any options for higher hp stuff unless you just run a surge tank with a couple pumps in it.
For anything other than a strip car (straight line), a surge tank is needed if the owner doesn’t want to keep the tank full.

I’ve ran my sumped tank virtually empty on the street (put 16 gallons in it when filling). But I’m not doing any autcrossing of any type. And when at home and going to cruise in’s I rarely if ever have less than a half tank. I will run the motor out of gas doing a donut around 1/4 tank.

Regarding the Hellcat pumps - to hell with them haha. I’d put in a 450, dual or triple 450’s before I’d use a 525. 525’s take a lot of amps.

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Looks good.... i just wonder whats the difference is between the 306C and the 307C is, for i thought the 306C was for NA only cars.

If anyone has noticed... the tank i'd like to get from "Tanks Inc" has the fuel pump pickup at the front(opposite end of the filler neck), versus the "Spectra Premium" fuel tank has it in the middle.

Dar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2016

The gm306c Spectra tank is listed for the fuel injected Monte Carlo.

Another pic with a rough drawing of the baffles and output of the filler neck, directly into the rear area of the tank. It passes through the front baffle, so when filling I can imagine the pressure difference causes the annoying early shut offs. But.. I was impressed too see how tall the baffles are. I'll take the slow fueling up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231120_091105_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231120_091105_Gallery.jpg
    999.8 KB · Views: 41

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
For anything other than a strip car (straight line), a surge tank is needed if the owner doesn’t want to keep the tank full.

I’ve ran my sumped tank virtually empty on the street (put 16 gallons in it when filling). But I’m not doing any autcrossing of any type. And when at home and going to cruise in’s I rarely if ever have less than a half tank. I will run the motor out of gas doing a donut around 1/4 tank.

Regarding the Hellcat pumps - to hell with them haha. I’d put in a 450, dual or triple 450’s before I’d use a 525. 525’s take a lot of amps.
A sump is 100% the best option for a track car. The only reason I didn't go that route is because I don't the sump to be visible and I also don't want my pump to be louder than my exhaust. :ROFLMAO:
From the stuff I have looked up I think a surge tank would be my best cost effective option. I'm a cheap *ss and don't want to spend $1000+ on the nice Racetronix billet sender, I already have their older gen sender with a 255. That would be a feeder pump for the surge tank. Get a basic tank and a couple good pumps. It'll support my goal of 650ish wheel.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor