Not open for further replies.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
If my a/c was working I would hook up one fan to go on soon as the a/c went on and the other on the controller....with the a/c off both fans would come on
I know this topic is old and even this post is... I'm jumping in a bit late but I have searched so many threads on this forum to try and not ask a question that has been asked so many times before.
I am currently running a 454 with an aftermarket aluminum radiator. The car gets hot at idle with the clutch fan so I picked up a set of fans from a 1994 F-Body Camaro. They fit in the car and on the radiator well. That is all I have so far in the swap.

From my understanding of the posts I've been reading, I'll need to either buy a controller and set a temperature (I have no idea where it will get its reading from) or I can use a temperature switch with relays? I will be running A/C in the car and I want to set them up for Low and High speed.

Any suggestions as far as parts and where to hook this up? I will have to measure my Radiator and see where and if I can put 1/2" or 3/4" temperature sensors, or I'll have to run off the intake. Thank you...

Ryan

Darth Buddha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
Moira, New York
Their is a lot of fan control options..

Placement of the sensor also has many options, as to where it can go..

I got an adjustable controller... It also has an input for a/c so it can turn on to help the a/c work...

With it being adjustable I can,, well adjust..

Datoka digital fan controller.. it can be done cheaper of course...

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
Their is a lot of fan control options..

Placement of the sensor also has many options, as to where it can go..

I got an adjustable controller... It also has an input for a/c so it can turn on to help the a/c work...

With it being adjustable I can,, well adjust..

Datoka digital fan controller.. it can be done cheaper of course...

Thank you very much. I went with the eBay controller for now. I called them up and compared notes from what I learned about the Dakota Digital dual fan controllers and this one should work for my application just fine. If not, that is definitely the kit I'm going to go with instead of making my own system. Thank you for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor