engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
richp85elco said:
have you messed around with the order of the wires? I was looking thru the photobucket pictures and they look like they were switched in different pictures
also did you plug this thermal vacuum switch port? it could be causing your vacuum leak
bleghblegh005.jpg

I Don't think I messed with them. But yeah I plugged all three ports from here off.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I've had a couple of bad plugs that made the car run like crap, backfiring and missing, and I had a hard time figuring it out, changing the plugs was the last resort but that's what it was

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
I've had a couple of bad plugs that made the car run like crap, backfiring and missing, and I had a hard time figuring it out, changing the plugs was the last resort but that's what it was

Should I change out plugs and wires or just spark plugs?
Because now its backfiring and smoking and missing.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
David Williamson said:
pontiacgp said:

I don't want to suggest anything cause I'm just saying what problems I have had..the plugs I use are the cheapy delco so it wouldn't be much to switch them out and at least you know it's not the plugs...what is smoking now

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
David Williamson said:
pontiacgp said:

I don't want to suggest anything cause I'm just saying what problems I have had..the plugs I use are the cheapy delco so it wouldn't be much to switch them out and at least you know it's not the plugs...what is smoking now

Yeah i understand, and its not bad to know you got new plugs and wires, so I mean I might do that just in case.
But its the exhaust smoking and pretty bad, I got a video of it smoking.
Its like a dark gray almost black.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
check the plugs with this chart....check for cracks in the ceramic, a crack can cause a plug to short out

check_spark_plug_condition.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor