Fast Power Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
This should work with a Window Module. The relays shouldn't have anything to do with it.
View attachment 67844
Without the window switch manually engaged, the relays are just a pass through to ground, just like on a normal window switch.

If you wire the window module before the relays, it won't work.

the relay has everything to do with it and if I wire the module after the relays that defeats the purpose of the relays, but I found an easy fix. I attach a 12 v constant wire to the wire on 86 and the module works. I just have to set up that wire to become hot when the car is shut off and dead when the ignition is on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
the relay has everything to do with it and if I wire the module after the relays that defeats the purpose of the relays, but I found an easy fix. I attach a 12 v constant wire to the wire on 86 and the module works. I just have to set up that wire to become hot when the car is shut off and dead when the ignition is on.

The Window modules IS A RELAY. If you want the Window motors to go up faster with the alarm, run a better 12V source to the window module. If the windows are going up slow with a window module, the ground is bad or you don't have enough amps/volts at the window module.

I think the phrase "you're doing it wrong" may apply here. Sorry.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The Window modules IS A RELAY. If you want the Window motors to go up faster with the alarm, run a better 12V source to the window module. If the windows are going up slow with a window module, the ground is bad or you don't have enough amps/volts at the window module.

I think the phrase "you're doing it wrong" may apply here. Sorry.

wow, the windows are working with the relays by the window switch and the module so I'm happy, I'm sorry you can't accept that.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Its just a lot of extra, needless work. I can accept it, I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

yup, putting that extra power feed was exhausting work and needlessly wasted a few precious minutes of my day.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know how that positive feed worked that one nite cause the motor wires are ground when the power to the switch is off. :doh: So I rethought it, cracked open a beer and redid the wiring, instead of have the module target wire going to the relay then to the motor I wired the window switch to the relay (86) and from the relay (30) to the module and that works so the widows are fast with the switch or module....:)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the relays really solved my problem with a slow passenger window and made the diver's window quicker. The passenger window would almost never make it to the top when the engine was off using the module to put the windows up. Even if I had the car running on some days I would have to rev the engine to get enough power from the alternator to get the passenger window up. Now both windows are the same speed and quick with the module or with the car running. It's a very worthwhile, cheap and easy project.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor