Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sure.

He'll repeat what I said.

he didn't say much about it, he took a look at the other diagram and noticed the ground wire on 87A was missing in the diagram. I showed him the other diagram and he just said it would work but over complicated for no reason

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
the only thing missing in the diagram is a ground wire to the 87A terminal.....:)

now i just have to figure out why the module to put the windows up when I hit the remote locks moves the windows up a 1/4" then stop....
Dang, you jogged my memory Steve! I had exactly the same issue. Sorry I didn't remember. I'm losing my mind.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Dang, you jogged my memory Steve! I had exactly the same issue. Sorry I didn't remember. I'm losing my mind.

don't worry about it, it happens all the time to me. Figure out how to fix something and by the time I have to do it again I forget how to do it...

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It was like three years ago when I did that. I don't think being under general anesthesia twice last year helped my memory, but hey, my colon and bladder are repaired and I survived, so I'm grateful.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It was like three years ago when I did that. I don't think being under general anesthesia twice last year helped my memory, but hey, my colon and bladder are repaired and I survived, so I'm grateful.

your health is alot more important than trying remember simple stuff. The mind has a way to clear out some stuff to make room to deal with the important things...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I wonder what the grey wire is for...:D

Ve have Vays of knowink vich vire goes vere!!!

he didn't say much about it, he took a look at the other diagram and noticed the ground wire on 87A was missing in the diagram. I showed him the other diagram and he just said it would work but over complicated for no reason

You can see that in this picture:

dscf7149-jpg.61213

The Center wire of each relay (87a) is a large gage black wire that goes to battery ground.
The 85's go to ground, also.
87's are large gage Red wires to battery +,
86's get the wires from the switch Blue/wht for up, Blue/blk for down, these are + when switch engaged
30's get large gage wire that goes to the window motor (Relay with blue/wht 30 goes to Blue/wht window motor wire(up), Relay with Blue/blk 30 goes to blue/blk window motor wire.

If you run a fused 10 gage Red/Black wire to each door, the relay wiring is actually pretty simple to do on the door and only a few more connections than the LMC harness... but the LMC harness makes it pretty simple to do.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ve have Vays of knowink vich vire goes vere!!!

You can see that in this picture:

dscf7149-jpg.61213

The Center wire of each relay (87a) is a large gage black wire that goes to battery ground.
The 85's go to ground, also.
30's are large gage Red wires to battery +,
86's get the wires from the switch Blue/wht for up, Blue/blk for down, these are + when switch engaged
87's get large gage wire that goes to the window motor (Relay with blue/wht 85 goes to Blue/wht window motor wire(up), Relay with Blue/blk 85 goes to blue/blk window motor wire.

If you run a fused 10 gage Red/Black wire to each door, the relay wiring is actually pretty simple to do on the door and only a few more connections than the LMC harness... but the LMC harness makes it pretty simple to do.

I would have bought the LMC harness but being in Canada it would have been around $60 to $70 to my door with the exchange and shipping. The relays, wire and connectors cost me less than $20 and with the help of you guys it's working. I use 14 gauge wire with a 20 amp fuse. The 14 gauge handles up to 32 amps so that is more than enough for the windows and it's the same gauge of the original window wiring. .....now I just have to figure out to get the module to put the windows up....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The diagram that Jared posted works on both doors of my GP with a ground added to 87A on each relay

Powerwindowwiring7lee01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor