firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GbodyBeginner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2012
NEED HELP , I have recently replaced the 305 in my 1987 monte carlo SS with a 406 I have it running but when you set the timing it seems to reset it self after a few good revs . I used a new distributer , and am being told that I need to use the old one out of the 305 because of a computer , is this correct ? Thank You

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Are you running the computer carb and/or computer distributor? You need to run them both together ( along with the rest of the CCC system ) OR run neither of them. As far as your problem, sounds to me the distributor simply isn't clamped down tight enough. There's no such thing as your timing 'resetting'.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I had that problem with mine too. You would set the timing, but as soon as you raced the motor up it would retard itself. It turns out that the distributor hold down has to be very very tight, or I might have to get a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor