First Oops...Rear bumper filler panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I’m wondering if someone could answer this...was the factory rear filler panel one-piece or three pieces? It appears to be one piece on the Regal wagon, but all the replacement pieces look like a 3-piece set (i.e. corners and center piece. Are the replacement pieces designed to be molded in, or just abut/overlay the adjoining center piece?

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
I’m wondering if someone could answer this...was the factory rear filler panel one-piece or three pieces? It appears to be one piece on the Regal wagon, but all the replacement pieces look like a 3-piece set (i.e. corners and center piece. Are the replacement pieces designed to be molded in, or just abut/overlay the adjoining center piece?

a complete 'kit' would be 3 pieces - 1 left, 1 right and a center piece...the corners overlay the center

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think the wagon bumpers are very similar if not the same as the El Camino/Caballero bumpers.
Ed,
Regarding the rear bumpers, the El Camino bumpers are the same as wagon bumpers. However, the front bumpers are a different animal.
Malibus and El Caminos, of course, share the same front bumpers, fenders, etc.

The only difference between the rear bumpers would be that some include a bumper strip, which means that the bumper is drilled, and some having bumperettes.

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
I wonder how many people would need to express interest or pre-order for G Body Parts to consider making repro fillers?

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
The unfortunate truth for us wagon owners is the majority of the G-Body aftermarket is focused on the two-door models. From a volume standpoint, they were definitely the most prevalent models, but it seems like there is enough of a niche market for wagons to warrant some parts support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor