image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 241
Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
just thought I'd share. Pretty clean but looks better in pics than in person

So, this is for sale at a dealer local to you? How much do they want for it? Do you know how many miles are on it? It looks like a clean '87 or '88. Is the interior as nice as the exterior? I hope a G body guy buys it and gives it a good life.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
That is in nice shape and looks really good. If the interior is in as good of shape as the outside, someone could get a nice MC. If the price is right!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Cool car, as bad as I would feel about it, I'd drive right from the car lot to put wheels and tires on it, then to the window tinter, then to the muffler shop.

• Agree

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Cool car, as bad as I would feel about it, I'd drive right from the car lot to put wheels and tires on it, then to the window tinter, then to the muffler shop.

Why would you feel bad about that Jared? A nice set of wheels, tinted windows and a good sounding exhaust would only improve an already nice car. The only problem I see with your idea is that it's gonna be hard to ever make that 4.3 sound really good. What that car needs is a V8.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Why would you feel bad about that Jared? A nice set of wheels, tinted windows and a good sounding exhaust would only improve an already nice car. The only problem I see with your idea is that it's gonna be hard to ever make that 4.3 sound really good. What that car needs is a V8.
I would feel bad because it has survived this long and I'd be the worm who cut it up. That's a big part of the reason I bought my car. It was already cut up. No guilt doing what I want to it. I really wanted an 83 H/O but I don't want a 307 or an automatic, and I can't bring myself to cut up a H/O. I didn't realize that Monte was a V6, so let me rephrase. First stop would be the house to throw that V6 in the trash!

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I would feel bad because it has survived this long and I'd be the worm who cut it up. That's a big part of the reason I bought my car. It was already cut up. No guilt doing what I want to it. I really wanted an 83 H/O but I don't want a 307 or an automatic, and I can't bring myself to cut up a H/O. I didn't realize that Monte was a V6, so let me rephrase. First stop would be the house to throw that V6 in the trash!

I think that is what holds me back is having owned my car since new and even though a more powerful motor, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc would help, I just cannot "gut it and cut it".

In my opinion I think when you are an owner for decades you get use to the car as is and unless something catastrophic happens like an accident or a blown motor, it just does not seem right to radically change an original. This might sound nuts but even though my hood can use a repaint and I have some dings here and there, I am just hesitant to repaint because I just feel it takes some of the character away from the car that time and driving give it. Does that make sense?

Reactions: 1 users

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Place was closed, but I can check it out. Interior was clean, I belive 66k miles if I read it right.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I always liked the LS model the only one I ever had I flipped tho that's a good looking header panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor