Fuel pump leaking oil, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Jacobskeeper said:
i assume thats where its coming from. the oil is around the whole area, like its pushing out and being blown back by the fan. there is a coat all over so ill put the silicone in this weekend so it can dry for a day. if that doesnt work then new pump it is
I dont have a gasket there I just used some silicone gasket maker because I had to get the car moving and it doesnt leak. You MAY get lucky and get away with using that silicone. Good luck!

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
The two gaskets you need shouldnt cost more than 5 or 6 bucks total. I would remove the pump, remove the adapter plate, scrape the block clean and wipe off with carb clean. Coat the adapter gasket lightly with rtv, put the adapter plate on. Next put the fuel pump and gasket on with a small skim layer of rtv. Hook all the lines back up and your done. You can start driving right away. Beginning to end should be 20-30min maybe. Goodluck.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
if ya use sillycone, dont forget to let it cure overnight before ya decide to start the car. or at least a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor