Giving your expertise and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Everybody is an expert. That is the purpose of the internet. So take all of it for what its worth. Nothing says that you don't ask a question and somebody google searches it and replies with what they saw on the internet. You can give your experience, and its up to the other people to take it or not.

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Everybody is an expert. That is the purpose of the internet. So take all of it for what its worth. Nothing says that you don't ask a question and somebody google searches it and replies with what they saw on the internet. You can give your experience, and its up to the other people to take it or not.

"It was a time of free thinking... a time of sharing ideas... a sense of community... Freedom..."

"Was that the 60's Grandpa?"

"No, that was The Internet before AOL"

-Gonz

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was going to reply to this, but you'd probably just ask someone else anyway.....

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
One BIG pet peeve, (one of many), is when someone asks for your advice or knowledge on an issue, and then blows right by it to ask 15 other people when you ALREADY gave the correct answer. These morons are fishing for an answer they need to simply JUSTIFY and back up their uneducated brain. When i give an answer, as most of my G body family doe's, its from experience and research, often times giving each answer A LOT of research and time, and to me, my time is not worth wasting on these types of inbreds. Anyone else feeling me here!?

That Iowa thread here about the burban 454 was a long time ago now...

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
That Iowa thread here about the burban 454 was a long time ago now...

But isn't there still a warehouse stocked full of popcorn somewhere?:popcorn:🤔

• Haha
  • Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
I have only been active for a short time but the thing I see that is non-value add is condescending responses.

Having said that, I don't think all of it is intentional as it's easy interpret poor shots at humor as such.

Its important to remember that people often have deep rooted connections to their cars on a very personal level and cutting apart people's plan bc it's not something you would do is pretty myopic. It's also easy to forget not everyone has the same deep pockets or resources.

With that said, I'm grateful

Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
And just because somebody else doesn’t like something Doesn’t mean the rest of us have to hate it
I have a 305 in my 88 Monte Carlo every time someone asked me what’s in it I tell them a 305 the response and we all know it’s coming
They are freaking junk

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And just because somebody else doesn’t like something Doesn’t mean the rest of us have to hate it
I have a 305 in my 88 Monte Carlo every time someone asked me what’s in it I tell them a 305 the response and we all know it’s coming
They are freaking junk
Yeah, but then you're still getting flack from us Olds guys too.....with our tire-shredding 307s... :)

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor