Gutted Tesla Trolls The Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Is this is the guy with 47 batteries in his trunk?

That little car is awesome
don't know how many batteries it's up to, but another article says it's a 192 cell lithium-polymer setup....

$140K. That's a house. <Mic drop>
that more than my house!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Thats a house and this kid gutted it just to **** around with it...........
trust fund baby i suppose? Lol must be nice. Probably gets manicured instead of grabbing a tool and get dirty.

• Agree

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
On the other side of the coin the gov does not have the money (our money) to upgrade the electrical grids to handle the recharging of the batteries. It was tested in Toronto that if 10% of a street plugged in their cars to recharge the grid would fail. Another problem is the supply of the products to make the batteries is dwindling so the prices are going up and up....

"Demand for other key battery ingredients, such as graphite and lithium carbonate, is also outstripping supply."

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...tric-cars-battery-manufacturing-cobalt-mining

The battery technology is the next thing that has to be improved. Otherwise these will never take off or be rational options. But it was government standards that have led to 400+HP daily drivers that get 20mpg and meet emissions. These regs aren't a bad thing as long as the tech can keep up with the regs. Personally, I'm for a cleaner planet and I wouldn't mind a bit if me and my wife's daily drivers were electric. Obviously, I'd be opposed to eliminating internal combustion altogether, but I think we are 50-80 years from where that could even be a remote possibility. I'm sure there will always be a place to fuel and drive a muscle car.

p.s - good article!!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
The battery tech is improving rapidly, and costs will come down. That’s the main reason EV conversions are so expensive right now.

The motors themselves are very simple. The “secret sauce” with the motors is in the power control electronics.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The battery technology is the next thing that has to be improved. Otherwise these will never take off or be rational options. But it was government standards that have led to 400+HP daily drivers that get 20mpg and meet emissions. These regs aren't a bad thing as long as the tech can keep up with the regs. Personally, I'm for a cleaner planet and I wouldn't mind a bit if me and my wife's daily drivers were electric. Obviously, I'd be opposed to eliminating internal combustion altogether, but I think we are 50-80 years from where that could even be a remote possibility. I'm sure there will always be a place to fuel and drive a muscle car.

p.s - good article!!

recycling is a great way to keep the planet green and we are great recycles with our 30+ year old cars so the world should thank us ...:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
big difference is you can rebuild your engine or build a new one and your 30 year old car and there is no reason your car can't make it another 30 years. I'd like to see where that Telsa is 30 years from now and where are spare parts sold for it.

If the guy behind Telsa, Elon has his way, it will be outlawed along with all the other manually driven cars. He has publicly stated that he thinks all manual cars are death machines that should be banned. F him and his Tesla cars.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If the guy behind Telsa, Elon has his way, it will be outlawed along with all the other manually driven cars. He has publicly stated that he thinks all manual cars are death machines that should be banned. F him and his Tesla cars.

he should be the one driving the tesla that's traveling to mars....

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
I love that channel! If anyone wants to see more cars get smoked by the Tesla or tesla getting chopped. The channel is called Tesla Racing Channel. there are some good races in it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I love that channel! If anyone wants to see more cars get smoked by the Tesla or tesla getting chopped. The channel is called Tesla Racing Channel. there are some good races in it.

what's exciting about an eletric car that is all wheel drive with traction control. Anyone with enough money can buy one and anyone can drive it. It takes no skill. Bringing a tesla to a drag race is like showing up at tractor pull with a locomotive

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor