Gutted Tesla Trolls The Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
he should be the one driving the tesla that's traveling to mars....

Yep, just think of all the data he can collect for his self driving car dream. All the current Teslas have a lot of self driving gear already in them to test out designs as well as collectt data to further advance self driving cars. That is why they have so much computer stuff in them. He also stated his ultimate goal is to eliminate all the driver controls and that there will only be a on button. What will be so great having a 9 second car when you can't drive it? You just sit in it and do social media crap or watch VR p*rn. A lot of the current car companies are excited by this as they can collect marketing data from riders and sell it, which would be a big profit stream. GM and Ford are hard at work figuring this stuff out and Tesla probably is too.Hell, they are even envisioning the end of private car ownership and everyone will just use self driving ride shares.

A little while ago I read in a marketing book that unlike earlier generations, Millennials (generation Y) do not view automobiles or travel as forms of freedom. Instead they view internet connections and being glued to portable devices as the new freedom, I personally view those things as a ball and chain attached to their faces. Still, this is probably what is helping to drive this big push for self driving cars.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A little while ago I read in a marketing book that unlike earlier generations, Millennials (generation Y) do not view automobiles or travel as forms of freedom. Instead they view internet connections and being glued to portable devices as the new freedom, I personally view those things as a ball and chain attached to their faces. Still, this is probably what is helping to drive this big push for self driving cars.

You are so right and those millennials are so wrong, I'm happy my son and his wife do not let their kids use their I pads during the week and they can only use them on the weekends.

• Agree

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Even if Daddy bought it (or Grandpa's old money/trust fund), someone had enough braincells to gut 600lbs of weight out of it. Imagine if they had enough braincells to hotrod it....

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I wonder how many Millennials have actually spent time in a third world nation to see parts of the world does live. Then try to figure out where to charge the smart phone, find a wifi signal, notice there may not be a Uber or Lift for a ride.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Millennials are people born between 1980 and 2000.

I happen to be included in that category but strangely don't fit into the perceived notion of all of them being lazy mooches. There are always exceptions to the rules.

Perhaps the blame should be placed on lack luster parenting?? Or environmental influence? If parents are roughly 20 years old then they would have been children of the 60s and 70s predominantly. That's enough to screw over any demographic.

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
what's exciting about an eletric car that is all wheel drive with traction control. Anyone with enough money can buy one and anyone can drive it. It takes no skill. Bringing a tesla to a drag race is like showing up at tractor pull with a locomotive

It's just cool to see. I love seeing any type of progress in automotive from Electric to Sky Active. the man does it for fun, you can still have fun with factory. By the way where did you get that hat? online store?

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's just cool to see. I love seeing any type of progress in automotive from Electric to Sky Active. the man does it for fun, you can still have fun with factory. By the way where did you get that hat? online store?

My friend has the hat so I took a picture of it....he got it from a customer

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
About once a month there is a thread started here about why to build a g-body, or are g-bodies increasing in value, or are they gaining popularity, etc.

That video defines the 'built vs bought' argument. Which do you prefer? The Tesla kid is proud of the fact that he removed the interior and put in racing seats as the major mod. He acted like a ricer with a fart can as far as I'm concerned. Ask him where he came up with the $140K to buy it, I bet the answer won't be surprising.

I will say that the video identified the value of a track car vs a street car. The nitrous Fox body would've whipped on a prepped track at 10-15% of the cost. AWD, traction control and ABS are amazing systems, but keep in mind that they are illegal in most racing venues - why? Because it turns racing into who has the most money, not who has the fastest car with the best driver. It's kinda like bragging about your fishing skills when you use hand grenades for tackle.

That aside - the Tesla is an amazing piece of engineering and will lead into better things - I'm sure.

On the other side of the coin the gov does not have the money (our money) to upgrade the electrical grids to handle the recharging of the batteries. It was tested in Toronto that if 10% of a street plugged in their cars to recharge the grid would fail. Another problem is the supply of the products to make the batteries is dwindling so the prices are going up and up....

"Demand for other key battery ingredients, such as graphite and lithium carbonate, is also outstripping supply."

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...tric-cars-battery-manufacturing-cobalt-mining
Keep telling yourself those Mustang's would have won on a prepped track. If that was true, he would have got the jump and by the end they would have narrowed the gap. Trust me, I race and I would get the jump sometimes but by mid track they were pulling away big time, way more cam and horsepower and often way lighter. Of course this is assuming drag radials on all these cars, if they didn't they really are stupid and those cars sure heated the tires. You know Trudeau, when has practical cost or sense stopped him before? I am surprised we haven't seen nation wide emissions testing implemented. We are still lucky enough to have 91 non ethanol here. I view ethanol like clean burning diesels, big rigs cheated like Volkswagen along with all the others, they got caught and their new stuff is terrible. What is the point of lower emissions if twice the amount of fuel is burned?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor