HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So I did another air cleaner mock up to fit my crank case vent tube. I had to bend the crank case vent tube a little and cut out a 1/4" and weld it back together so it would line up evenly to the air cleaner.

20170913_170535_resized.jpg
20170913_170545_resized.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks great, the tail light fix will get you buy while you search for replacements.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I like the taillamp fix, might be a good addition to leave on.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Damn, I put some silly putty on my air cleaner lid and shut the hood. I maybe have a 1/16" of clearance. This aint gonna work. The engine will torq into the hood. If I put on my new under hood insulator, it would squish it and rub off my paint. I have the air cleaner base as low as it will go on the carb. The only alternative is cutting the two angled braces under the hood itself and plating it back in. This means the hood will have to come back off and I'd have bodywork and repaint on the underhood structure. I'm pretty sure the lowest stock air cleaner lid is the 4.3 fuel injected one which I have. Dang this sucks. I think I may just slap on a cheapy chrome 10 or 11 inch thin air cleaner. This car is wearing me out

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I removed the foam seal and air filter and put on the lid. It goes a hair over a 1/4" lower. I have some universal foam seal on a roll that will squish almost completely flat and it fits in the channel on the lid. I went to K&Ns website and searched by dimension and found a filter that's identical to my current one but a 1/4" shorter. Stupid filter is over $70. That's a little high for a filter in my opinion but I need it. I ordered it through Summit but it's estimated delivery is the 29th. So I may have a temporary 10" on it for the G Body cruise

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I had to remove my alternator to bend up a new steel fuel line. I had the alternator apart last year and painted it a charcoal gray. It kinda stuck out when the hood was up so I blasted it apart, scuffed it, and shot it matte black. Now it kinda goes away under there. Much better

20170914_141530_resized.jpg
20170914_164951_resized.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor