Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I resanded the deck lid this morning and got it buffed. Looks a lot better. Still a little lumpy but I can live with it. I'm doing panels at a time so my buffer has cool down time. Got ready to do the passengers door and quarter panel and it started raining like crazy

Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Got the passengers side buffed under the car port while it was raining. Had a couple bad spots I was not happy with in the paint. I got them sanded out and buffed. I'm pretty happy with the paint job now. It's not lazer straight but it looks good enough for a driver

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Looks sharp! Must be nice to finally be this far in the build after all these years.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Beautiful car!

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So I'm not out of the woods yet. When I drive with the air conditioning on, it runs a little hotter. At idle with ac on it got over 220 and maybe 230. I think it's about 210 ish driving down the highway. I switched off the ac still idling in driveway and it cooled back down to 195-200. The hot air from the fan with it at that operating temp(ac on) had everything hot to the touch under the hood. I rested my arm on the metal cross brace and it burned my arm. This heat has my power steering fluid coming out from under the cap and I'm afraid it blew my front shaft seal in my new steering box. I have a single row aluminum radiator that must not be stout enough for it to get that hot at idle with ac on. I may upgrade to a thicker core radiator and a power steering cooler. I'm not going to do a radiator swap till after the cruise to Springfield. I just will not run the air conditioner. I will put on a power steering cooler because it's a simple project. I will have to change the front shaft seal on the steering box so that sucks. Looks like I have to buy a partial rebuild kit ($50) just for that seal. I also still have a very rich idle. It literally makes your clothes stink. I've been reading my manual on the 625cfm road demon carb on rich idle circuit. Caused from low vacuum from performance cam. I bought a Demon tuning kit for this. Turns out, I can swap springs on the rods from the top of the carb. A lighter spring leans out the idle mixture. So tomorrow, plans are to get a power steering cooler from my local parts store and get it installed. I'm sure they will have to order the steering box kit. Also want to play with the springs on the carb. I'm running out of time for the cruise to Springfield and need more driving under my belt before heading off this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor