HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
This little power steering cooler was about $25. I used some steel strap I had in the pile and an L bracket. I polished the end tubes and spray painted the fin area with Dupli Color engine paint (flat black). I painted the fabbed brackets with aerosol bedliner so I would have two shades and textures of black. I dug out three black ARP bolts 1/4x20 and lock nuts and mounted it up after drilling some holes in the core support.

20170919_135027_resized.jpg
20170919_135528_resized.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So after hours of jacking with this shitty reman power steering box, I'm going to put on a regular box. I swapped out the seal and it's still leaking. I'm tired of messing with junk *ss remanufactured parts. Noone has or can get another fast ratio box and I need it before Saturday. So to the hell with fast ratio. I just want it to steer and not leak

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
That's crazy about that box I've never seen one even leak I got my stuff all on rock auto and so far no issues but when my ps pump came the return tube was loose in the housing but I just re braised it up and no leaks I hope your Luck turns and you make your cruise

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Robert, I run a power steering cooler, since I plan on autocrossing it, and I run hydro boost. I also run royal purple synthetic fluid.

Also, I have a Hugh efficiency parallel flow condenser, and a massive aluminum radiator. I used rubber to pan off the grills to the radiator support. With a 160 tstat and the air on, with a turbo, I run about 180.

Just food for thought since I have a cutless front end like you.

Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Robert, I run a power steering cooler, since I plan on autocrossing it, and I run hydro boost. I also run royal purple synthetic fluid.

Also, I have a Hugh efficiency parallel flow condenser, and a massive aluminum radiator. I used rubber to pan off the grills to the radiator support. With a 160 tstat and the air on, with a turbo, I run about 180.

Just food for thought since I have a cutless front end like you.
Yeah, I remember Blake offering me those templates that would probably fix my issue. We'll see what happens after the 4 row swap

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Was your front seal leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor