HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Yesterday I re seam sealed the floorboards cause the old seam sealer was falling out. I also seam sealed around my repaired seat belt anchors just in case there was a tiny hole I missed from welding. I taped off the car today and poured some Rust Oleum bed liner in my sand blasting pot gun. I shot it at 120psi without a regulator. It sprayed real nice but it is slow drying. This is causing my seam sealer edges to wrinkle up and loosen from the floor. I have used Dupli Color bed coatings in the past without issues but the Rust Oleum was a bit cheaper. Now I got to scrape off the areas where the sealer let go and redo it again. Every time I have used Rust Oleum products, they are very slow drying. So basically, I'm never using their products again.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Coming along nicely so far. I assume the wheel color will be the body color. It should look sharp. Keep up the good work.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Not much to report. Been blocking the car and fixing all the low spots. Its a spotted mess now with yellow urethane primer spots on it. :mrgreen: If I can ever get this thing painted and color sanded and buffed, it will go fast on putting it back together.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You're right, not an exciting update. But necessary and well worth the extra effort. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor