Hellwig swaybar installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankyB7984

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2016
Anybody work with these hellwig front and rear sway bars. The part number for the front is 55700, and the rear is 55809. I bought these a while ago and I'm just now rebuilding my suspension. I don't really have an issue with the rear but I'm not sure if the hump in the swaybar is supposed to be facing up or down. As for the front, I'm having a major issue. I'm using qa1 control arms and neither of the holes for the end links match up with the end of the sway bar. I tried stretching the links over to meet up with the sway bar but it just doesn't want to meet together. Maybe it was made for stock control arms? I don't know. If you got any advice or proir experience with this swaybar, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you have it right, the suspension is fully extended down in that photo so as the suspension compresses to ride height the arm will be parallel to the ground or close to it and sitting flat on the link.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I could be wrong (often am) but that front sway bar looks like it is on upside down to me. Also, the pictures I've seen of the rear bar, the hump goes down around the bottom of the differential cover.

FrankyB7984

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2016
So sorry to leave this thread open but I found out that the QA1 control arms are made specific for their sway bar. So, I'm going to make a braket, but I don't know if I should weld it on the control arms like the UMI Performance control arms or if I should attach it to the sway bar around the top of the end links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor