Holley mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
My biggest issue well not so much an issue as Im really impatient. I tell you if I were doing this over I would just have saved and bought a drop out with everything, this piecing things together is too much work. Now I have to figure out which trans Im keeping or endinf up with to throw in and until then I can do gears, Also if I keep my 700r I need an older Ecu thats drive by cable but those arent 58tooth. I know they sell and adapter for that but I usually not fond of aftermarket things like that, then if I go stick then I can go with a newer style ecu and dbw dont know yet. Im waiting on a guy that says he has a t56. I hate waiting lol

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Ok no more mount and oil pan questions I bit the bullet and ordered the the Holley mounts and Pan. Im not sure Ill do the headers, Well see. Thanks guys

You'll be happy with your purchase. I have the entire system on my car and would definitely spend the extra money again. BTW, unlike other "piece meal options" their long tube headers fit perfectly and line up correctly to the Holley trans crossmember. I know, I know,....the Holley stuff costs a little more but you are paying for the engineering time that went into making a quality swap system. The system will bolt into our cars without hacking, welding, denting headers and dorking up the driveline angle.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
You'll be happy with your purchase. I have the entire system on my car and would definitely spend the extra money again. BTW, unlike other "piece meal options" their long tube headers fit perfectly and line up correctly to the Holley trans crossmember. I know, I know,....the Holley stuff costs a little more but you are paying for the engineering time that went into making a quality swap system. The system will bolt into our cars without hacking, welding, denting headers and dorking up the driveline angle.

Im sure its the best but its not just a little more. Somethings like the oil pan are almost double. If it were a little extra on one or 2 things then it is what it is but to pay the extra on a bigger number of things adds up and makes it hard to do. Or means you have to wait that much longer to save for all the components.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The 'muscle car' pan is just the pan from the H5 and will hang down. You made a good choice. It's worth it in my opinion to go with the engineered solution and save the headaches. I don't like DBW. I have it in my 08 Sierra. I much prefer DBC. We have a 58x Gen IV engine in my brother's car and are using the Lingenfeler converter box. You could also swap reluctor rings if you wanted to tear it down. I wouldn't.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
We have a 58x Gen IV engine in my brother's car and are using the Lingenfeler converter box. You could also swap reluctor rings if you wanted to tear it down. I wouldn't.

Sorry, to hi jack......We are swapping the 58x reluctor in our LY6 because we want to stick with the Gen III ECM in the Avalanche. Have you had good luck with the $200 Lingenfelter box so far? I have heard and read of several failures.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
The 'muscle car' pan is just the pan from the H5 and will hang down. You made a good choice. It's worth it in my opinion to go with the engineered solution and save the headaches. I don't like DBW. I have it in my 08 Sierra. I much prefer DBC. We have a 58x Gen IV engine in my brother's car and are using the Lingenfeler converter box. You could also swap reluctor rings if you wanted to tear it down. I wouldn't.
r
Im siked about holley stuff. Dont get me wrong I know its better to spend the money sometimes thats why I bought it. But ill try not to. I still need so many things that if i spend a couple hundred extra bucks on everything then Ill be in the couple of extra thousands pretty quick and still not have everything.
As far as the reluctor goes I never said I was swapping any of that. Thats going way deeper into the motor than I want to go. As for the dbw and dbc debate I have both throttle bodies, My current trans is a 700r4. I do not want to dish out for a 4l60 or 80, I dont want to make a manual valve body either, trans is done I want to leave it alone but I need to pull the kick down cable under throttle, the only way I can pull the trans card is by going by dbc. Now there is a possibility that I go manual, If so then I wont need the dbc anymore. Not sure though. well see.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Sorry, to hi jack......We are swapping the 58x reluctor in our LY6 because we want to stick with the Gen III ECM in the Avalanche. Have you had good luck with the $200 Lingenfelter box so far? I have heard and read of several failures.

As for the Lingenfeler boxes Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Some guys say it works great and some guys have had issues so Im a little wiery of getting it. I dont know

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sorry for the slow response. Just seeing this. We have had absolutely no issue with the Lingenfelter box. Car only has a few thousand miles on it but it has been driven in hot Houston weather. I think the early production boxes had problems but I think they had that sorted out when we bought ours three or four years ago. Look at the reviews online based on date. Are you seeing guys having problems in the last few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor