How Do I Align my power windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83wagon8r

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2008
East Bay
I have a 78 malibu that has factory power locks and windows. The problem is on the drivers side window only. When I roll it up it dosen't go up straight there will always be a gap towrds the back and i'll have to shut the door and pull it back where it should be. Also some times when i roll it down it will sound like it falls off the track or something but it never dose. I would appriciate any help and advice you guys can give me Thanks.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
My advice is to acquire a used GM Fisher Body manual for your year. Has diagrams, pics...all you need.

dave6184

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 20, 2007
If you take the upper door panel off there are two felt tipped guides that can push the window out or let it come in. They are adjustable with a 10mm bolt.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Besides those basic guides, there are multiple adjustments inside the door for every imaginable adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor