Interior paint colors and what paint to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Hello all, Im wanting to repaint/dye the interior of my 78 Malibu wagon. The color is a light blue. What paint are you guys using for the interior? I have used SEM and Duplicolor in the past and has worked great but i can't seem to find the color of my cars interior online. Only thing i see is light blue and powder blue. Id like to get a new dash cap and respray the door panels as well. Who makes a color that's close that would match it?

buinterior.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
blue is the worst color GM put in a car to try to match it. I took a sample of my interior and got a paint shop to mix the color that they put in a spay bomb.

Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Maybe i should just change it to black lol.

Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
That sky blue color reminds me of the movie " Beverly Hills cop". Eddie Murphy had a crappy POS sky blue Chevy Nova lol. Black will never go out of style but the colors offered on newer G bodies from to 82 and up where nice. You can get exact matches from SEM for pretty much any color you want

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
I got mine from Dixie Restorations. It's not cheap, but it's an exact match and it sprays beautifully. I've used it to dye some dark maroon replacement panels and it covered it with no problems. I used spray bombs, but they also sell it in pints. They are also a sponsor here. Use code GBF5 for a 5% discount!

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you guys for all the help. This forum is great!!

• Agree

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
20170406_120145.jpg
I'm in the paint booth typing between coats. I'm using SEM paint today. Get the interior color from vin.
20170406_120232.jpg
This is the front of the dash cap I done last week. I use 8 to 10 very light coats.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
In 78 I think the color was called light blue. Its going to be on the metal cowl tag. Look for the number 24. Its not a bad color if you freshen it up. I would spray the dash the dark blue that was available for that year. I sprayed all the interior plastic that color on my friends 79 Camaro and it looked pretty nice when it was done.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor