Is anyone else shocked/not shocked or confused about the current G body market and prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Dang....C2s we’re always my favorite. What a beauty! :love:
Thanks!
How about C3's?

Here's another one I had:
(Yup, that's my El Camino)

177821-30-05.jpg

Left_Front_2.jpg

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
I used to post on the Buick sites 15+ years ago when I still had a desk job and spent a lot more time behind the key board.
I grew tired of the same people and the same subjects being beat to absolute death.
The superiority or exclusivity comments can be applied to other automotive groups such as
Corvette
GTR
Supra
Porsche 911
Bimmer Forums
Audi Forums
The Corral (Mustangs)
Heck, even Team Chevelle and Team Camaro guys can come off the same way.
I have been on all of these and they all have a holier than thou attitude. I suppose it could be taken as being proud of their car.
If you really want to see snobbery, go out to an autocross or road racing event where a Porsche or Corvette club is involved.

I hang out on the Audi forums.....I'm not superior to anyone but some over there think their poop smells like spring flowers in a meadow.

IMG_0779 (002).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I think there are a few factors at play: '80s and '90s cars are white-hot right now. Look at any of the auctions, Hagerty magazine, etc. Guys my age that grew up in the '80s and '90s are getting nostalgic for these models. G-Bodies in particular are in high demand, because they're the last midsize body-on-frame passenger car made (to my knowledge) and that makes them a perfect starting point for customization or hot rodding. They also have a cross-niche appeal (hot-rodding, lowriders, big wheels, etc.). I think all of these factors combined have made them hot. I'm just fortunate I have a well-preserved survivor that has stayed in the family. If I had to buy my wagon, I would expect to pay a minimum of $5-7k.

I agree with the cross-genre inclusion of g-bodies.

For me, it's really based on the condition of the body. I generally don't care what parts on the car because I'll be replacing them. Give me a rust free frame/body and I'm good to go. Now what that is really worth...I have no idea.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I hang out on the Audi forums.....I'm not superior to anyone but some over there think their poop smells like spring flowers in a meadow.

View attachment 108909
Oooh. I like those Aldi's. They also have food stores right? I get you. Nice cars. Wife is hinting that's her next vehicle. I'm not quite sold on that yet.

I belong to a couple of Camaro forums as well. MOST of the people are ok, but sometimes some of them get the "ROP finger stuck in their *ss" syndrome and they're not that fun. I just avoid the *ssh*les who want to seriously pooh pooh on everything you do to your car if it isn't the way they want it to be. It's ok to have an opinion, but those dorks attack you as a person. I mean, wtf?

1 of 822 Transformer Editions with auto transmission for 2010 (total 1,784)
2010 Camaro SS delivery 1.jpg

1 of 54 Crystal Red Tintcoat manual 6 speed ZL1 'verts for 2013 (total 1,917 convertibles)
ZL1vert.jpg

• Agree

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I belong to a couple of Camaro forums as well. MOST of the people are ok, but sometimes some of them get the "ROP finger stuck in their *ss" syndrome and they're not that fun. I just avoid the *ssh*les who want to seriously pooh pooh on everything you do to your car if it isn't the way they want it to be. It's ok to have an opinion, but those dorks attack you as a person. I mean, wtf?
I agree with both of you 110%,
I have owned my Vette since new and never joined a club or a Vette forum just because they way they behave around others that dont have Vette. Now there are some owners like my self that respect others and what they drive. Its got so bad at one of the cruse nights I go too that you have some of the stuck up , sh*t smells like roses Vette owners saving spaces with chairs or a coolers so you cant park next to them.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I agree with both of you 110%,
I have owned my Vette since new and never joined a club or a Vette forum just because they way they behave around others that dont have Vette. Now there are some owners like my self that respect others and what they drive. Its got so bad at one of the cruse nights I go too that you have some of the stuck up , sh*t smells like roses Vette owners saving spaces with chairs or a coolers so you cant park next to them.

Same with the GN crowd unfortunately....Glad you never joined that crowd of clientele, to me that's not a car enthusiast, that's an a** h*le, plain and simple

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Over on the Ford Panther forums, most of the guys are pretty decent. Through a few turn their noses up at P71s for not being refined despite having much better performance, but nothing real nasty. The one thing that can set them off is discussing police equipment, mainly lights as they are concerned about impersonators making the whole Panther community look bad. Push bumpers and factory spotlights are ok to talk about, just not e-lights.

I have had bad experiences with thd GN crowd too. They really like to rag on everyone else. Sadly the LS swap guys can be the same way with a similar superiority complex.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor