Issues after turn signal switch replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegMan79

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Hello, 79 Monte. Just replaced my turn signal switch only to find out that wasn't the problem anyway. It's where the lever connects to the metal linkage that goes to turn signal switch. It's busted where leakage meets lever basically. Had the car for about 2 months now and from what I understand somebody tried to steal it and messed up a bunch of the stuff in there. Is this fixable?

Next, when I turn the car on the passenger side parking light up front and the rear tail light stay on. When I turn the parking lights or the lights on they function normally. There's also one green light on the dashboard which is the turn signal light (green right hand side) stays on constantly. When I went out this morning to check to see if it was still doing it, it was so I took the car out for a second and then stop doing it so it's intermittent. Maybe a bad TSS? Any ideas? Thanks.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
yes its probably fixable. In my experience if a column was butchered in a theft attempt then swapping it out was easier than repair.
Great thread here I have had bookmarked for a while about digging into the column.
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=27192&highlight=tilt+column+repair

Your lights sounds like something is crossed. Did you change or move any bulbs ? I know the plug on my tail light is pretty worn and if you put the bulb in backwards it feeds power back thru the ground light up other lights on the car ( ei: left light flashes and the parking lights in the rear flash as well ). I assume they all functioned fine before you opened up your column ?

RegMan79

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Yeah they all functioned normally. It seemed to have sorted itself out for now. The part I'm wondering if it's replaceable is where the metal linkage meets the turn signal lever. Can't seem to upload the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor