Look what happened! Need some opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Pontiac455 said:
Look for a 8 3/4 out of a B body dodge or plymouth the housing is 52 inches from plate 2 plate. Set the rear houseing up in a jig take some measurements and weld in all the brackets. Set of 391's and a sure grip and u'll never break that one.

Have you done this swap? That's the rear I contemplated before I found my 8.5 (good price). It seemed like a good low buck option, minus the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Try and grab a 8.5 rear or maybe even a 12 bolt for your Regal........That is a sweet looking ride, glad you didn't do more damage.........I like that hood as well....2" Steel??

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
JBreu said:
Try and grab a 8.5 rear or maybe even a 12 bolt for your Regal........That is a sweet looking ride, glad you didn't do more damage.........I like that hood as well....2" Steel??
Thanks! 2" fiberglass. I love your monte! Yours is the reason i had such a hard time deciding if I should put an ss nose on mine, but i ended up finding an ss front clip close and a very good price, i bought mine with front end bamage

GBodyShop

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2007
NYC
I vote on you getting a 8.5. It does not need to be a posi now. A non posi can also work out for you as you can install a tru-Trac later when the money is avaliable. A non posi from a GN is about $500 bucks plus you get higher gear (3.42) for highway use.

Good Luck
Jose Luis

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ
7.5 keeping down the cost , 8.5 for ease of install or 9 inch for the strength

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Man that sucks... but coulda been worse, like Blake442 said... anyways, here... lemme fix that for ya (hope you don't mind)... there we go...

xe1lyw.png

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
haha! thanks!
I would put in a one wheel 8.5 in a second if i could find a good one for around $500! maybe im just not looking hard enough!? :oops:

GBodyShop

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2007
NYC
86 regal said:
haha! thanks!
I would put in a one wheel 8.5 in a second if i could find a good one for around $500! maybe im just not looking hard enough!? :oops:

yo, I "PM" you, check it out fast. before is too late

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor