ls cross ram dual plenum intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Started making my own intake a few years ago. Recently pulled the project back out & got back to work.
Cut an LS1 manifold apart 3" up from heads. Matched 8 stainless tubes to shape.

Initial rough mock up.

Put a little more shape in the pipes, Made bell mouths (velocity stacks) & started making plenums form light gauge stainless. To be mirror polished when done.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
That looks pretty sweet!

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
WOW! very cool looking project. I admire your creativity. Whats the over all intent? is this simply for conversation and KOOL effect? Don't understand what would be gained otherwise, please enlighten.

Nice job!

tetomas

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
east central georiga
What do you have in mind for the throttle body? Maybe dual throttle bodies? Any plans for an actual running version or is it just for decoration? Love to see it run and get some dyno numbers, bet the torque numbers will be beast down low!

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
The only cross ram dual plenum intakes on the market are like $5,000 up , a little out of my price range . This type of intake design is superior in all ranges of output on power production over the factory compact designs. They feature a longer ,straighter shot of air to the cylinders,velocity stack entrances to the runners to increase airflow, & more plenum area.
Disadvantages are complexity , cost & size. On size, guess what;;;;; I got a g-body, more room.
I will be making a 2 into 1 for a single throttle body, the front tube on the left in the last pic is the start of it. Stock throttle body to start off with (cost) may go bigger later.
The spike cones up front are decorative (why the **** not??) ,the sanding & buffing I will do is decorative, But the design is pure function. I got some advice from AFR & the lead engineer on the LS7 production intake, along with a lot of research of common knowledge in design. The runners are a little on the long side for torque, but are large enough to flow plenty at high rpm.

I'm trying to see if I can possibly finish before an oct 4th all gm show, which would not leave me time to make a few trips out of town for dyno tuning.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Nice work. I always loved the cross stack set up. Both the cross style and the straight style are worth about 100hp over stock on the old small block Chevy. I always wanted one with side-draft Webbers.
Keep up the work.
T 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor