LSx Swap Parts Database

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
79loserbluebu said:
4L80s will fit in G bodies. My buddy that's building a TT 6.0 Monte has a 6L80 in his and that trans is huge.

Actually it depends on the setback of the engine, and hammering of the tunnel.

RELL88SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2010
California
Anyone using

1in set backs
4l60e
Gforce crossmember????

With a Monte? I haven't picked an trans crossmember. Ice man is out of the question, no thanks.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Any parts updates for LS swaps.

Jan 12, 2013
south florida
beeterolds said:
It can be done on the SUPER cheap and I mean I have maybe 1500 including engine invested..... I had my friend make me the cheap motor plates.. 1 inch set back of course... you can make them yourself with a little bit of imagination and drilling... and fitting.. and more drilling.. and fitting.. and fitting and swearing!!

1.)Cheap junkyard SBC clam-shells CAR only.. truck shells are too big...(you need to trim about 1 inch off the passenger side to clear the AC mounting bosses on the block tho...

2.)I used the stock flywheel, I ovaled out the converter holes and used the $45 Hughes step bushing to mate the flexplate to the converter...

3.)I used a $40 2000 Z06 Camshaft which isn't a crazy TR 224 grind or other but its NOT $$400! and it should give me a modest bump over the stock stick..

4.)I scored a Cheap Cadillac CTS-V oil pan (However a stock truck pan will suffice) I just didn't feel comfortable.. to each his own tho..

5.)Stock 3 core radiator, with a 20734 Gates Lower hose and a trimmed down upper from a truck... I made my own coolant bypass pipe to give me provisions for the steam line as well as the mech. coolant temp gauge..

6.)Lincoln Mark VIII cooling fan which is 2 speed and flows almost 5000cfm..

7.)The most expensive parts were the intake $215 (my work discount) and the Msd 6010 (found it for $274 online shipped!) DO NOT BUY THE $700 EDELBROCK SETUP!!!! your wasting your money!!!

8.)I used stock truck accessories... use the smaller 105 amp alt... it will provide you with better clearance and what the hell it puts out 40 amps more than the shitty 60 amp GM unit from the 80s...

Also I used a stock cheap power steering pressure hose from a 307 Cutlass, Regal or whatever... it worked perfectly!!!

9.)If your going carb'd the best fuel pump IMO is the 1987 Monte carlo 4.3 pump... use it with a Caddy cts filter which has a built in return line and have the filter near the tank so your not running 60 miles of hose under your car!!! Run a good adjustable regulator, like a holley or Quickfuel... and set the b*st*rd at 6psi or whatever your carb calls for...

10.) Im running a driver side F-body exhaust manifold (clearance for miles!!) pass side is the truck.. i might grab a f-body as well.. I dunno I dont like how close it is to the frame..

11.) Autometer sells a fat brass metric-std adapter for your oil pressure gauge.. Cant remember the # of the top of my head tho...

537028_10150627316802190_704757189_9633156_353596560_n.jpg
which part # motor mounts are you using

HarryOlds86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2011
Huntsburg, Ohio
What's up all? I've been working on swapping in a '05 lq4 6.0 truck motor with a t56 6 speed for about three years now into my '86 Salon. I've been a member here for about a year and have been doing alot of lurking, but not much posting. First I want to thank you all for your posting of your swaps. You have helped me out in many ways :D So to add to the thread and maybe help others, this is what I've done so far...

BRP mounts and crossmember for t56 (took a little pounding of the trans tunnel to fit)
BRP (Hedman) long tube headers (fit perfect w/their mounts)
stock (aftermarket) radiator
99-05 silverado upper radiator hose
gates 20734 lower radiator hose (thanks for the tip :wink: )
02 silverado engine wiring harness and pcm (last year for manual throttle w/ stick-shift)
home made alternator/ power steering bracket (MUST use f-body brackets w/ BRP mounts... too cheap to buy 'em!)
stock oil cooler block off plate drilled and tapped to accept stock G-body oil pressure sender for stock gauge
'87 (or '88?) monte carlo 4.3 fuel injected gas tank and sending unit (has baffles for in-tank pump)
relocated computer coolant temp sensor to right head and drilled and tapped left head to accept G-body temp sensor for gauge

That's all I can think of for now. Like I said, it's still in the works. I'm sure more problems will arise, but that's what makes it fun.... right? :D

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor