Manual steering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argus219

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2012
I want to git rid of the power steering in my 87 cutlass supreme.

Is there a certain steering box i should get or can I use the one I have? I just like the feel of the car with manual steering. going for that track car feel lol.

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
Early model s-10 box. Use the s-10 pitman arm, also.

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
According to malibu racing, any manual steering box from a 82-91 s-10 will work but you might have to use your pitman arm. I was going to do the swap as the website says they should be plentiful in the junkyards, but I have been looking for the past year or so and have yet to find one. Thought about a new one but they're like $250.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Argus219 said:
I want to git rid of the power steering in my 87 cutlass supreme.

Is there a certain steering box i should get or can I use the one I have? I just like the feel of the car with manual steering. going for that track car feel lol.

if you're thinking of a circle track car we use power steering....

Argus219

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2012
thank you are they hard to put in?

250 isn't a bad price for a new one and where can you find them new?

robhowardiii

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2012
Dunstins auto parts in voorheesville ny has a bunch. Idk if they ship but that's wher I got mine for $75. I think advance has them new for less than $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor