Never ending project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Blake442 said:
I too dislike the look of roll pans on wagons.

I'd just keep the bumper stock and shove it in as far as you can.

Was my 1st thought too, but This bugs me
DSCF0195.JPG

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
me likey! :D
what are you doing for paint/chrome on the bumper(s)?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's coming along nicely. I never was a big fan of rollpans. I do like the bumpers shortened and tucked in.
One problem I've seen when tucking the bumper in minus the fillers, is clearance between the tailgate and bumper when the tailgate is lowered.
I do like the look sans the fillers.

I guess you found it easier to take a slice off the ends of the bumper rather than cutting a section out the middle. But I guess that was to keep the mounting bolt holes aligned with the reinforcement bar.

Can you send a little energy and enthusiasm my way? :lol:

Keep up the good work..and thank you for posting pics of your progress. It gives me hope to get back to work on mine.

Jack

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
O. D. Showtime said:
She's coming along very nicely! I like the tucked look myself.

Thanks, me too

83LSWagon said:
me likey! :D
what are you doing for paint/chrome on the bumper(s)?
Thanks,
They will be painted, not sure tho if it will be body color or trim color (blk or satin blk) 90% sure gloss black.

Longroof79 said:
It's coming along nicely. I never was a big fan of rollpans. I do like the bumpers shortened and tucked in.
One problem I've seen when tucking the bumper in minus the fillers, is clearance between the tailgate and bumper when the tailgate is lowered.
I do like the look sans the fillers. The tailgate has at least 1\2" clearance in all positions as pictured

I guess you found it easier to take a slice off the ends of the bumper rather than cutting a section out the middle. But I guess that was to keep the mounting bolt holes aligned with the reinforcement bar. alignment was the reason, I'm also toying with welding studs into the bumper to eliminate the buttons

Can you send a little energy and enthusiasm my way? :lol: not much left :wink:

Keep up the good work..and thank you for posting pics of your progress. It gives me hope to get back to work on mine.

Jack

Thanks Jack

and everyone for the kind works and support

Brian

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
DelOhio said:
:friday: Cheers man, looks like its gonna be a panty dropper!

Thanks Del lol

Hey Blake, I knew I should have had you come and paint this POS it's going to take a week to sand out the runs :wax:

DSCF0279.JPG

DSCF0288.JPG

DSCF0299.JPG

DSCF0309.JPG

DSCF0314.JPG

DSCF0318.JPG

4 doors and a tailgate to go

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
hey great progess on the car! i haven't checked into this thread for a while, love the black for it that you decided on. great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor