New on here. 1980 buick century estate wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroBroBot

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 17, 2016
Grand Rapids
Hey How's it going folks? I wanted to join this to check all these badass cars and I'm also looking for a few parts. I have a 1980 buick century estate wagon woodgrain, I swear parts for these things are harder to find then gold or I just don't know what I'm doing. I'm looking for the trim that surrounds the woodgrain on the exterior of the car, headlight bezels, and a grill. Also anything else or where to find it. Any info would be awesome thanks.

Welcome aboard!
Always good to see another new wagon guy join our ranks.
Those trim pieces are pretty hard to find...well, I guess a lot of wagon stuff is getting harder to find in general.
You might want to post an ad in the WANT section of the forum for the side trim pieces. Someone might have them, or know where there is a set available. Same with the headlight bezels.

You'll definitely have to post some pics of your ride. What are your plans for it?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Lots of good folks here.
You're right, in that some of the wagon specific parts (like the trim around the woodgrain), are going to be hard to find. Some of the front end trim (headlight bezels, etc.) may be the same from '78-'80. Might help to expand your search a bit.
As Jack says, it would be nice to see some photos of the car, and hear your plans.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That's a good lookin' ride. Looks like a set of Keystone wheels on there.
Do you also plan to replace the woodgrain?
Are the two front strips the only molding pieces missing ?

Flyers is right, don't underestimate the car-part.com site.

Reactions: BroBroBot
Thinking of paint now. Probably gonna do a burnt orange and dark woodgrain back on it. Hoping it will flow well, still thinking though.. Interior is all there but rough got a lot to do on it, plan on building a headliner like the jeeps with 6.5s in it and wood through the whole back end. It's got a 350 .40 over 10 to 1compression ratio decent size cam. It sounds real nice runs great. Need a rear end might try to fab a irs in there. But I'm thinking of going to 5.3 turbo and redoing everything in a year or so

That's a good lookin' ride. Looks like a set of Keystone wheels on there.
Do you also plan to replace the woodgrain?
Are the two front strips the only molding pieces missing ?

Flyers is right, don't underestimate the car-part.com site.
Thanks. And yea they are I got a nice set of 18s for it though and I was also thinking of puttin some z06 replica double spokes on there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor