Olds ticket to 9s... LS swap adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I am an introvert so lockdowns don't really bother me. I am content to stay home and avoid people. lol

HOWEVER, it has recently become very apparent that I need to begin exercising again as being left alone with my BBQ is causing a problem... Speaking of which, I should probably stop watching youtube and do something productive.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am an introvert so lockdowns don't really bother me. I am content to stay home and avoid people. lol

HOWEVER, it has recently become very apparent that I need to begin exercising again as being left alone with my BBQ is causing a problem... Speaking of which, I should probably stop watching youtube and do something productive.

Time to breakout the roly-poly panda again.

ball rolling GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Try living in Michigan! Our governor is still on full totalitarianism, she has done what she has wanted to from the beginning and is now using the Department of Health and Human Services to keep us on lockdown till he feels like letting us go!
Hell we are still only at 25% in restaurants and bars!!!! LOL
I am bordering Michigan and Illinoyd where I hail from. Indiana is free as a bird and has been for quite some time.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I never said I fell, more like I would take a couple seconds to get up if I did.

A panda that lives on ice is just an ice savvy panda. Or might be a dirty polar bear... what do I know?

gravity falls steven bomb GIF

• Haha

1quickgm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2021
I am bordering Michigan and Illinoyd where I hail from. Indiana is free as a bird and has been for quite some time.
St. Joe county is still at 50%! Mayor Pete's replacement is following in his predecessors foot prints! 🙈🙉🙊

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
St. Joe county is still at 50%! Mayor Pete's replacement is following in his predecessors foot prints! 🙈🙉🙊
Yeah... I have nothing good to say about him or his ilk.... so I'll leave it at that 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Today, we have limited win.

Picked up some color matched paint rattle cans with the hopes of maybe hiding the cage inside a bit. I wiped it down twice with wax and grease remover but I still got a sh*t finish on the paint. Looks like oil contamination or solvent pop of some kind, but I shook that fail off and carried on, we can hide that shame later...

So I proceeded to lower the body down, now that the top of the cage is "painted" and bolt her back together. This part went well!

20210303_182001.jpg 20210303_182008.jpg 20210303_182014.jpg 20210303_182023.jpg 20210303_182032.jpg

She is bolted back together on the Prothane mounts. Only the front bars are really visible and obvious, that is the take away from buying a "Pre-Fit" cage, otherwise fit was good and for a race car would have been perfectly acceptable. The door bars are bent and just need final fitting to get them welded in, hopefully that will be finished tomorrow or friday and I get the dash bar bent and fit in. I am going to attempt to bend it behind the dash tight to the firewall, then cover with the factory dash with some holesaw/Sawzall finesse.

I also found a decal that I think is going on the rear window or bumper, I feel like it sums up this build. :LOL:

20210303_095504.jpg

Canadian movie, you southern boys might not get it. HAHAHA :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Cage is looking good I hope you are going to put the front bars in too. Keeping the dash bar behind is good for the looks. Also consider x'ing the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor