Optima battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I work at Advance on weekends, don't know who makes DieHard batteries but they don't seem any more reliable than any other battery. As for pricing, I think that has gotten way out of hand. I don't know how but JiffyLube gets them for $75 from us, retail price is $199. Hell of a markup, store employees don't even get that price.
And Optima prices have shot up anywhere from $50-130 in the last 6 months

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
DieHard Batteries are a Sears battery. Or at least they used to be.
Advance bought the diehard brand around 2018 or 2019 as the old sears brands were stripped away for their names

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yan Feng automotive?? And who are they and from where do they come from on any given day??

Nick

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Yan Feng automotive?? And who are they and from where do they come from on any given day??

Nick
Since purchasing Johnson controls automotive interiors, YanFeng is the largest interior automotive supplier in the world. They are based in Shanghai China and have plants in pretty much every country around the world.
It’s likely that the car you’re driving has parts from YF in it. While owned by the Chinese, parts are not shipped from China. They are produced on location usually near the OEM Assembly plants. Personally, I would rather not work for the Chinese but they have been good to me and many remain loyal. Working for a global company has allowed me to see the world and I have no regrets. Note that Johnson controls still produces batteries and did not sell the power solutions or HVAC businesses.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Advance bought the diehard brand around 2018 or 2019 as the old sears brands were stripped away for their names
We even have DieHard battery power tools. Lowes sells the Craftsman handtools. but for the DieHard batteries, I've seen some with stickers saying Made in Mexico

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I work at Advance on weekends, don't know who makes DieHard batteries but they don't seem any more reliable than any other battery. As for pricing, I think that has gotten way out of hand. I don't know how but JiffyLube gets them for $75 from us, retail price is $199. Hell of a markup, store employees don't even get that price.
And Optima prices have shot up anywhere from $50-130 in the last 6 months
They will never be anywhere near the quality or have the life of those from back when the cases had "Die Hard" molded into them & were the brand of choice of Nascar.

Reactions: 1 user

Roadwarrior88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2020
Brookfield investment bought Johnson controls battery division in 2019, it's called Clarios, which is headquartered in Canada...
Optima, Die hard, interstate, duralast, ever start, and like 8 others are all currently manufactured by the once Johnson control now clarios LLC. My company recently switch from interstate to diehards, same exact batteries, just different stickers, likewise with the DG and everstart. All the batteries function pretty close to each other. Obviously the cheapest line is the everstart.
Project Farm on YouTube actually ran a pretty good test on most all of them if you would want to watch that.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Personally, I would rather not work for the Chinese but they have been good to me and many remain loyal.

They do make good stuff lately. Problem is, in China itself you MUST remain loyal.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor