Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
How about this for less rotating mass and less diameter.

144B4470-FB75-4A97-8ECB-3EC527675646.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015

I could be wrong but I think these braces can be mounted 180 from this?? At least that is what I am planning. I'll post a pic over in my build thread when I start doing this. Was going to get completely rid of the flimsy [partly from rust] mounts that are there, slide these over the frame rails the other direction and weld 'em. Then bolt and weld my cross bar which is just a glorified heavy duty hitch bar [in my case] to these. Let's not hijack this thread over it. If I am full of it [highly possible?], I will post accordingly once here and over in my build thread.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Never thought of myself as a purist. I understand why many Olds Buick, and Pontiac Gbody's are running Chevy LS crates whether I would or not? But, just like Chevy crates in almost ALL the old Ford Hot Rods when there are plenty of good Ford engines to put in them, why are you putting a Ford Coyote in your Monte, Ramey?

Or is it just a why not?

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Never thought of myself as a purist. I understand why many Olds Buick, and Pontiac Gbody's are running Chevy LS crates whether I would or not? But, just like Chevy crates in almost ALL the old Ford Hot Rods when there are plenty of good Ford engines to put in them, why are you putting a Ford Coyote in your Monte, Ramey?

Or is it just a why not?

The Coyote was a joke. It was just a Photoshop our marketing guy did for fun. The car is getting a 427SBC...

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yeah, Had I paid more attention back when you posted the first pics, I would have caught that. :blam:

I do feel better now though . . . (y)

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor