POLL: What Engines Call Your Car Home?

What Make Engine Powers Your G Body?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2016
My 81 cutlass and my wife's 86 cutlass both have 455 Buicks in them. Mine is drag only running in the10.50s while hers is a street/strip car.
Tony

Reactions: 3 users

Khanz77

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2016
383 stroker with a b&m blower

Attachments

• IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
Reactions: 2 users

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Love me a 231 V6. Easily my favorite engine(family), whether it be the 225 Dauntless or the L67 S/C engine, they will always hold a special place in my heart. Not a huge fan of turbo Buicks, but to each his own. My Gutlass will at some point be powered by a 350 Buick, but only temporarily, as it's original 231 will be rebuilt again and mated to a 5-speed before being dropped back in. Of course that's somewhere long down the road, since the Cutlass is currently just sitting in my driveway, barely running, and sort of one of those "oh that old thing? No I wont sell it, I'll fix it up one day" situations. On a side note, not a fan of Chevy's, either the cars or the engine's. I'd be hard-pressed not to pick it's Olds or Pontiac counterpart

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Love me a 231 V6. Easily my favorite engine(family), whether it be the 225 Dauntless or the L67 S/C engine, they will always hold a special place in my heart. Not a huge fan of turbo Buicks, but to each his own. My Gutlass will at some point be powered by a 350 Buick, but only temporarily, as it's original 231 will be rebuilt again and mated to a 5-speed before being dropped back in. Of course that's somewhere long down the road, since the Cutlass is currently just sitting in my driveway, barely running, and sort of one of those "oh that old thing? No I wont sell it, I'll fix it up one day" situations. On a side note, not a fan of Chevy's, either the cars or the engine's. I'd be hard-pressed not to pick it's Olds or Pontiac counterpart
I actually have a 97 Monte that I supercharged 3800 swapped as a dd :)

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I love the look, power and sound of a BBC and how it just fills up an engine bay and my current 565 Big Block Chevy is a 10.9 comp. pump gas engine I built almost 7 years ago and I will be replacing it with a new 13.6 comp. version with bigger AFR heads and an even bigger solid roller cam and I plan to eventually run it on E85.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor