PROJECT " LAID BACK 2 " - 1978 SALON 2 DOOR AEROBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
We’ve probably all had issues with the chrome housing. I have always roughed them up on the bottom and used Permatex Black. I do agree the O ring style are usually a better sealing option. I will use the same method for the dip stick. Luckily I have 2 chrome ones and a steel factory one from the 260 to choose from. Thanks for the input. It’s always appreciated.
As for the fuel pump- yes I’m hoping for a clean install and not having to cut & grind the accessory bracket for a mechanical fuel pump. I have used this pump before with good results. If installed properly with a relay, using a quality pre-filter, I’m hoping for good results. I plan on putting some miles on this car.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Good news... I just got back from looking at storage/shop space, and a deal has been made. I got lucky and the owner was there. After looking at 2 options, I decided on a 14' x 50' with (2) overhead lights, (4) 110v outlets, and (1) 220v outlet = $245 per month, with a 12 month lease. They have a separate outside bathroom facility, and a full size wash bay. Nice! I will move in September 1st.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good news... I just got back from looking at storage/shop space, and a deal has been made. I got lucky and the owner was there. After looking at 2 options, I decided on a 14' x 50' with (2) overhead lights, (4) 110v outlets, and (1) 220v outlet = $245 per month, with a 12 month lease. They have a separate outside bathroom facility, and a full size wash bay. Nice! I will move in September 1st.
James,
I guess you can fit two of your cars in there. Sounds like a nice facility.

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
James,
I guess you can fit two of your cars in there. Sounds like a nice facility.
That's the plan, Jack. Both Aero cars will out of the driveway. My wife will be a happy camper :giggle:

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's the plan, Jack. Both Aero cars will out of the driveway. My wife will be a happy camper :giggle:
Gotta keep the ole' lady happy. ;) As the old adage goes, "Happy wife, happy life".:giggle:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice score on the building! I lucked out a couple years ago when the guys at the local scca club offered me a space in their shop. nice to work on your stuff, and not have to pack everything up when you get done...

on the aluminum to steel front: I build truck bodies, and for the aluminum side rail to steel subframe contact, they just use a layer of packing tape in between. they've been doing it for years, and haven't had issues with it.

Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
nice score on the building! I lucked out a couple years ago when the guys at the local scca club offered me a space in their shop. nice to work on your stuff, and not have to pack everything up when you get done...

on the aluminum to steel front: I build truck bodies, and for the aluminum side rail to steel subframe contact, they just use a layer of packing tape in between. they've been doing it for years, and haven't had issues with it.
Exactly... drop the tools, lock the door, and walk away.
You are just talking about clear packing tape, right? I like it. Thanks for the tip!

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Yup, run of the mill clear

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
A couple more parts this week.
I found a NOS Dr. side front bumper filler in a Ebay store for $30 shipped. It must have been stored properly, because it's in excellent condition.
IMG_1032.JPG

I also bought the Ebay upper control arm set, that some others have bought also. The finish is really nice. I will install them as-is. For new metal, new cross shafts, new bushings, and new ball joints, you just can't go wrong for $67 shipped.
IMG_1031.JPG

I got a couple other things working for next week. I'm also saving $$ for some paint&body supplies: 60 gallon compressor, DA sander, DuraBlock kit, sand paper, etc.
I'm just 4 weeks away from getting my shop space back. Can't wait!

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor