Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Fun drive getting there? How's the turnout?
It's only a 20 minute drive for me. But yes fun. I met another friend and we both drove in. Got to stretch her legs on the highway a little 😁 Turnout is definitely down from what I've seen so far. Missing quite a few vendors, cars keep pouring in though!

20210716_134407.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Congrats Shawn! The car looks great. The thrash has obviously paid off. Well earned.
Thank you! Looks you're having a blast on your well deserved road trip!

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
That shifter boot looks nice. Good to see enjoying the car again.
Thank you! I'm not really sold on it. It's actually the same boot I had on my old setup. Really wanted to mount it to the underside of the console but given where it had to be located, there would've been a funky gap from the automatic shifter slot that would've shown thru.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well the weather didn't cooperate on Saturday and it was a huge washout. Let up today and made back to the show around 930. Spent several hours walking around, enjoying the cars.
Mine seems to be running very good. Couple of minor things I need to attend to, but they were there before the swap too. Just never made it up high enough on the list to be fixed. Met some other local G body guys and we had some good discussions and shared a lot of information. The Monte on far right had an LS as well. We shared our swap horror stories LOL saw lots of G bodies there, in all different stages and styles. Overall a good weekend and great to get the car out and enjoy it.

20210718_111729.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Made it to the Nationals this morning around 6:30. Spent 6 hours working on the car last night. One issue after another, but now I can relax!

View attachment 179760
Old Milwaukee??? I see you are also a man of good taste.
Tom Hanks Fancy GIF

I have fallen behind on this thread, looks and sounds great!

Open your TB until your hot idle IAC % is under 5% and the whistle goes away. ;)
I run 2% @650rpm.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Old Milwaukee??? I see you are also a man of good taste.
Tom Hanks Fancy GIF

I have fallen behind on this thread, looks and sounds great!

Open your TB until your hot idle IAC % is under 5% and the whistle goes away. ;)
I run 2% @650rpm.
My IAC is 0% at idle. And no I don't have a leak. Long story short my hand slipped with the carbide bit while hogging out the larger bore for the iac to sit in. Chinese quality control was off that day and it was too small for the iac to even bolt in place. So I hit the side of small bore where pintle seats and now that is my idle air passage when fully warmed up and the iac is completely closed. 🤣 I'll end up getting another throttle body at some point. With the new sloppy tune in it it only makes noise for the first 5 seconds or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
My IAC is 0% at idle. And no I don't have a leak. Long story short my had slipped while hogging out the large bore for the iac to sit in. Chinese quality control was off that day and it was too small for the iac to even bolt in place. So I hit the side of small bore where pintle seats and now that is my idle air passage when fully warmed up and the iac is completely closed. 🤣 I'll end up getting another throttle body at some point. With the new sloppy tune in it it only makes noise for the first 5 seconds or so.
I must have gotten lucky with my TB, I'm seriously the only person who doesn't have a terrible whistle.... Canadian imported chinesium for the win!

• Winner

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Well worth it, congrats man looks amazing

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor