BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Start asking friends and even neighbors if you can pay them to store it in their garage for the winter. You might find one closer and cheaper than you think....

I appreciate the thought, but I live in the middle of suburbia, and all my neighbours are either yuppie dicks that think a garage is for storing all their junk while their cars sit outside on the driveway, or young families with small kids. Neither option is terribly attractive there. These are the same neighbours who give me the stink eye any time I fire up “that old car”.

Of the 2 neighbours that are pretty cool, one has his absolutely stuffed with old cars that never move or get worked on, ‘57 Pontiac and ‘57 Chevy sedans, a ‘50 Chevy sedan, and another even older one I can’t remember the name of atm. The other is my next door neighbour, but he actually parks his dailies in his, and has his motorcycles in there as well.

As for friends, they’re scattered all over the city and province, most with cars or projects of their own in their shops. That drastically limits the options pretty quickly.
😕

Reactions: 2 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
You can park it in my garage spare space. :LOL:
Right next the two in my sig

• Agree

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I'm lucky enough to have met a guy who lives about an hour away that is into cars and lives in an old farmhouse. He has the old dairy barn full of wheels tires and car parts of all kinds. He does winter storage in the garage for only $250 for the winter. He's a good guy, gave me dibs on a good spot and is cool with me coming out to work on the car so I always pay him a little extra.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I appreciate the thought, but I live in the middle of suburbia, and all my neighbours are either yuppie dicks that think a garage is for storing all their junk while their cars sit outside on the driveway, or young families with small kids. Neither option is terribly attractive there. These are the same neighbours who give me the stink eye any time I fire up “that old car”.

Of the 2 neighbours that are pretty cool, one has his absolutely stuffed with old cars that never move or get worked on, ‘57 Pontiac and ‘57 Chevy sedans, a ‘50 Chevy sedan, and another even older one I can’t remember the name of atm. The other is my next door neighbour, but he actually parks his dailies in his, and has his motorcycles in there as well.

As for friends, they’re scattered all over the city and province, most with cars or projects of their own in their shops. That drastically limits the options pretty quickly.
😕

Sounds like it is time to move. It is just a matter of time until intolerance forces your hand.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sounds like it is time to move. It is just a matter of time until intolerance forces your hand.

Meh, F ‘em. I kinda like being the black sheep on my block. They’re all just secretly jealous ‘cuz they’re driving boring azz soccer-mom-mobiles, and wouldn’t know the right end of a ratchet to hold. Nevermind know how to fix anything or build a cool ride with their bare hands.
😁😎

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 12 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Meh, F ‘em. I kinda like being the black sheep on my block. They’re all just secretly jealous ‘cuz they’re driving boring azz soccer-mom-mobiles, and wouldn’t know the right end of a ratchet to hold. Nevermind know how to fix anything or build a cool ride with their bare hands.
😁😎
At least you'll never find them fugging up their A-pillar trim with a bumper. If they even know what an A-pillar is. :)

• Haha

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
😁😎
I just thought that the other day, my neighbor came over to shoot the sh*t as i was pulling the trans out of my suburban, super cool guy and doesnt mind my projects but doesn't work on mechanical things himself. He asked what i was doing and when i told him he said "nah i wouldn't do that let someone else do it" was thinking to myself "well what else would i be doing after work??" I guess i wonder what "normal" people do all day that don't have old cars lol everyone one else in my neighborhood is fairly old and keep to themselves which i like very much. One guy on the corner has probably a 2017 or 2018 Corvette with nice exhaust and tuning done to it and i dont think he ever lets the pedal off the floor when he drives it and man does it sound good at full revs.

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor