Quadrajet rebuild questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Anyone know of a REPUTABLE place in Iowa that could rebuild a q-jet? If I happen to not be able to put it back together using Cliffs carb book and my chilton manual of course. :p I like to have options. So, anyone know of a place with a good rep for these carbs?

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Although not in Iowa, I sent mine to Mountain Man Carburator, Ted and Ardell, are the 2 people there (husband and wife) I just got my carb back 2 weeks ago, looks and runs perfect. I sent them mine to rebuild as he did not have a core for an 87 442, He received mine on a Friday, and shipped back to me the following Friday. Just call them and ask questions, about how to ship, Cost me $200 + shipping, Had him install electric choke while he was at it also. Couldn't be happier with their service, would send him a carb anytime. Address and phone # below. Picture as I was installing back on car after rebuild. 1 more thing I did to help, I replaced all vacuum lines on the car while he had the carb, that way I wasn't wondering if I still had carb issues or vacuum issues, wasn't expensive at all, bought 20' of 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm silicone line on Ebay, used most of the 4mm, and maybe 1 ft of 6mm, none of the 5 or 3mm. Sorry I didn't have a better picture.

Mark

Phone (479) 639-2022

Attachments

• Carb.jpg
    Carb.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 782

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When you put yours back together use lithium grease (edonthebeach suggestion) or chapplip (longroof's suggestion) on the horn gasket. It'll help you to be able to reuse the gasket if you need to take the horn off to make adjustments. Here's a couple of great videos by edonthebeach about the quadrajet

Last edited:

bubbameano

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2015
Florida
X2 on Mountain Man Fuel System ! Been pounding on one they did on my 84 Camino for over 4 years with No problems !
Best $200 bucks I spent for a carb !

mnt001.jpg

mnt002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor