R4 a/c compressor bracket configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I removed the mounting brackets off of my old A6 compressor, they are different than the one(s) that Mike showed on his build thread. Mine has aprox. 3/16" flat steel plate with a half moon cutout and bolt holes around it. It actually looks like it would work with a few modifications and I'd have to devise (or fab) a bracket for the rear of the (Sanden) compressor.
It's tempting to go with the Sanden unit. Besides acquiring the parts for the new install, I'd still need to have hoses made.
Concerning the R4 install, I pretty much have everything sans the compressor, receiver/ dryer, etc. I'm still on the fence about which will be the better decision and more cost effective.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Should we take up a collection across the Forum to fund the research for the first technical article in the new magazine? Then all you'd have to do is the work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor