Rear Main Seal Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
i’m guessing a 305 may be the least costly ? not in a rush to do it , just gonna drive it around and check oil levels frequently til i have saved enough

Reactions: 1 user

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
i appreciate the feedback everyone
gonna switch to 20/50 conventional and try a stop leak.

buy some time and figure out potential engine options.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I’m not suggesting he swap an LS to fix the issue. The OP clearly stated he doesn’t need extra power and is happy with the performance of the anemic 265. I’m merely stating a fact that the older designs suck.
I wouldn't say the all aspects of the older designs on SBC's sucked, but they definitely were improved on in some ways by the LSx series. Even on my '88 Caprices engine, at nearly 250,000KM- it still hasn't leaked oil or coolant once.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
An engine swap May not be possible. Rubio is in California
Man that is a good point. I think he may he able to do a 305 if he had the right emissions.

Honestly I forget sometimes how stupid American states are for their arbitrary laws on emissions.

Here in Canada we don't have them which is great.

• Agree

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
i appreciate the feedback everyone
gonna switch to 20/50 conventional and try a stop leak.

buy some time and figure out potential engine options.
Good idea. I believe the GP came with a 305 as an option, so if you pick up a smogger you theoretically could swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor