roll cage alston

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
The only reason I asked was if you wanted to maintain the rear seat and keep the trunk open. Don't know if you read the post below you by 83Montess but I threw the idea @ him about bending the rear down bars to follow the rear sail panel and go to the outside of your trunk hinge and over the wheel well. I have an S&W cage but they are pretty much the same. It really keeps it hidden and you can maintain your interior. Just an idea for ya.

IMG_4442.JPG
83 regal 019.jpg
IMG_4439.JPG

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Question to you Lilbowtie. Is that a custom kit from S&W, because on the website I only see the 8 point cage and no option to bend to the roof line for down bars. Also does that kit go through floor board to frame or just use floor plates? I am wanting to do what your looks like to maximize space.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
CW - It wasn't a custom kit, my Son is just anal about what things look like. He wanted to maintain the interior and keep it out of the way as much as possible. He bent the down bars to fit the sail panel and wiggle in the way he did. You can go to the frame or use floor plates if your putting one in you may as well go to the frame for rigidity and I believe you have to on full frame cars. The down bars actually catch the frame when it comes around the rear tire. We have actually been called back to tech @ three tracks for no cage - if your not looking you don't see it.
regal.jpg

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
My car is pretty much a stripped out it has not interior except race seats and I am looking at keeping the back seat just for the sake of friends but I have a question for lilbowtie does the trunk stay open with that set up?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
An 8 point cage is on the list of things for this winter and I will definately be taking a page out of your book lilbowtie with the rear down bars. I hate the idea of someone in the backseat slamming their head off the side of a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor