Roll cage in El camino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
I'm just wondering if a roll cage can be put into an Elky, NOT go out the rear window, and be NHRA legal. If so, anyone got pics?

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
Anyone? Someones got to have pics of one of these with a cage......

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
You might want to head over to maliburacing. com and ask. Might get better results, lot of guys racing elky's.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
Ah!! Thank you! I will go check that out.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
Not yet. I have been looking around on maliburacing and havent seen anything yet. I know the answers out there, LOL!

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
Anyoneknow where else I can look?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
There is no way to do it without going threw the window/cap and be NHRA legal.

You might be able to go at a sharper angle with the down bars and go threw under the window but I doubt it.

Just got rid of a junker Elco, to bad i could have taken some measurements for you.

Are you faster then 11.50?

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
Thank you Phoenyx! That would be perfect! I wonder if it would be legal or if it was just done for looks? I will be running somewhere around 11.0, or so. (Just guessing, but with the mini-tubbing I plan to do, I'll be able to get around a 14" tire under there. Dont want to have my powerplant outgrow the chassis.) Plans for the car right now (Changes often) are for a 6.0 LS motor with 6-speed. 200-shot nos and 4:56 rear gears. Where can I find out if that is legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor