Sell the project Pontiac for this? Or keep for swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
The parissean was also built on the full size Chevrolet chassis which was different than the Pontiac chassis. All engine options on the full size Chevrolet were available for the Parisian.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
All V8 Pontiacs are the same size. Ignore the 301/265 they are weirdos. All gen 1 SBC are the same size. If it is original and a Pontiac it will be a 400. If it's original and a Chevy it should be a 350. I dont think the 400 came out till the mid 70s. I really don't speak Canadian Pontiac very well. But the point is, from a general pic you won't be able to tell anything other than Pontiac or Chevy. If you post it, I'll be glad to identify it to the best of my abilities
Hope this shows what you were searching for.

1621446465227.jpeg

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
SBC, stamping #'s on the block in front of the rb head (or block casting#) will tell you what it is.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
SBC stamping #'s on the block in front of the rb head (or block casting#) will tell you what it is.
I'm not at the vehicle right now, so that's all the photos I got.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Do you realize how much it will cost you to get that car home?? From the pic's I'm not liking what I see and no inter fender wells.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Do you realize how much it will cost you to get that car home?? From the pic's I'm not liking what I see and no inter fender wells.
Nothing, we have CAA plus.

And I did notice the fender wells were missing. But nothing that couldn't be fabricated either?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I've thrown out 2 305's in the last 2 years. SBC stock rebuild - $1000, SBC crate (non performance) $1800 - driving a car this summer - priceless. I'd leave the Parisienne for some one else - that looks to be a big project (unless that's what you're into.)

The older I get, the more I want to drive my stuff and enjoy it. A long term project is a great idea, but having something that you can drive is worth much more to me. To each his own though.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I've thrown out 2 305's in the last 2 years. SBC stock rebuild - $1000, SBC crate (non performance) $1800 - driving a car this summer - priceless. I'd leave the Parisienne for some one else - that looks to be a big project (unless that's what you're into.)

The older I get, the more I want to drive my stuff and enjoy it. A long term project is a great idea, but having something that you can drive is worth much more to me. To each his own though.
I won't be able to drive til next year anyway, which is why I want a long term project.

My daily ride is the blue Chevrolet, and it's way more rusty lol so I have no problem using it in the winter. Plus the computer controlled carb and 700r4 makes it worth keeping.

The Pontiac however, all it needs is a new motor, a paint job and perhaps new speakers. Everything else is completed on it.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hope this shows what you were searching for.

View attachment 175781
It doesn't even have a dipstick in the tube.... I'd say 95% that engine cant be long for the world.

Used spraypainted plug wires.

Radiator hose that leaks, and, scale on cleaner housing makes it look like it got blasted by the steam for a while. Maybe they pulled wheelwells "for cooling"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor