Sell the project Pontiac for this? Or keep for swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The Pontiac however, all it needs is a new motor, a paint job and perhaps new speakers. Everything else is completed on it.
Motor and speakers - I like the priorities.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
It doesn't even have a dipstick in the tube..
That's not a dip stick tube, frt a arm bushings are shot, frt fender bottoms appear rusted & not attached both sides, rockers rusted, 4 flat tires, been sitting on grass for how long? Floor and frame rot. Need brake and fuel lines. Did run a year ago. As I said from what I see I don't like it. Don't walk away RUN !

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I'm not sure that Pontiac is the car for you. That's a SBC. Short water pump, so that's early but it's got an HEI, late air cleaner housing, modern fuel pump etc etc. Someone has had their way with that car. Plus it's rusty. Finish what you have. Join POCI there are plenty of full sizes of that era available if you want one.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I'm not sure that Pontiac is the car for you. That's a SBC. Short water pump, so that's early but it's got an HEI, late air cleaner housing, modern fuel pump etc etc. Someone has had their way with that car. Plus it's rusty. Finish what you have. Join POCI there are plenty of full sizes of that era available if you want one.
I will take a look in person, before making any decisions. Every car in Ontario has rust to some degree, so it depends on the extent.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I will take a look in person, before making any decisions. Every car in Ontario has rust to some degree, so it depends on the extent.
You're always time and money ahead starting with the best you can get. Unless you're a glutton for punishment why not wait and later on bring something nice and rusty free up from the states or the western part of canada?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

William

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 29, 2016
I would have to assume that the rot in the 67 is not limited to the frame, and you seem to have a project on your plate. Replace the 305 and get that car running/driving/saleable. If you sell it soon, you can always see if the 67 is still available.

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
You're always time and money ahead starting with the best you can get. Unless you're a glutton for punishment why not wait and later on bring something nice and rusty free up from the states or the western part of canada?
Because Parisiennes weren't sold in the states to my knowledge, and an out of province inspection in Ontario is WAY harder to pass, than if you buy it in the province.

It also means having to either buy a pick up, and a flatbed to tow it on, or rent one.

The bigger problem in my opinion is, for the past 10 years since the terrible program of Cash 4 Clunkers used classics, here in Canada at least are being sold either completely restored or in the state of what the '67 is being offered in.

Finding something in between is going to be next to impossible. And I want the satisfaction of restoring it.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I would have to assume that the rot in the 67 is not limited to the frame, and you seem to have a project on your plate. Replace the 305 and get that car running/driving/saleable. If you sell it soon, you can always see if the 67 is still available.
It's not, the floor pans are gone too and the rockers need work. The Pontiac I have now had the same amount of effort put into it, so I couldn't care less about that.

I do agree it is more likely to sell with a replacement engine, but then I wouldn't want to give up and drive it lol.

So you see the problem I am facing lol.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I get where alot of you guys are coming from, and I do appreciate the input. So I want to say thanks for sure.

However I feel like some aren't looking at it from a perspective of these 5 factors.

1. OP lives where rust is gonna be an issue no matter what. There are people in Ontario as we speak, welding frames and floor pans, for cars 10X less rare. So I have ZERO problem with repairing it.

2. The car is a Canadian only car, and finding in the US, in a state of not being rusty and not fully restored, so a fixer upper basically- is going to be as hard as it would be domestically.

3. I don't have a truck or a flat bed to tow one with, EVEN if I found one.

4. The borders are closed.

5. And again, lets say I did find one. The cost of an out of province inspection, rental of vehicles and a flatbed, plus taxes for all of things would add up, to what a fully restored car would be.

I don't want a fully restored car. I want a project. But I also don't want something that can't be salvaged either.

Thats the fine line, between me fixing my current vehicle, and selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor