Selling Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Second,third,fourth,and fifth the inadequate Craigslist picture people! How hard is it to give a least,a bare minimum,of 4 pics. One for each side. I feel stupid for even saying that,but Jesus knows there are some idiots out there. End of rant...

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Second,third,fourth,and fifth the inadequate Craigslist picture people! How hard is it to give a least,a bare minimum,of 4 pics. One for each side. I feel stupid for even saying that,but Jesus knows there are some idiots out there. End of rant...

It's like they don't want to actually sell the stuff. Or they are so arrogant about their product they think it shouldn't matter.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
I sold a 9 1/2 ft piece of 3 1/2" exhaust flex pipe on CL asked $30. Had a guy what it,communications good drove 20+ miles to meet him, all was good. Get there go to exchange cash for pipe and he says "would you take $20" REALLY after driving that far!! I said NO he gave me 20 and the 10 1's he scrounged up. Lol

Reactions: 2 users

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
I bought the monte on CL and when I emailed the guy I put in the subject I AM NOT A SCAMMER just so I would hopefully get a response. The guy thought it was funny and said "I like that":rofl:

Reactions: 1 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I sold a 9 1/2 ft piece of 3 1/2" exhaust flex pipe on CL asked $30. Had a guy what it,communications good drove 20+ miles to meet him, all was good. Get there go to exchange cash for pipe and he says "would you take $20" REALLY after driving that far!! I said NO he gave me 20 and the 10 1's he scrounged up. Lol

You basically have to overprice everything on purpose just to make jerkoffs like that feel good about themselves when they "beat you up" on price.

It's the psyche of the masses. It's not what you get for your money, it's how you "feel" about your purchase much more man the actual value of the purchase.

IMG_9840.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This topic has obviously struck a nerve with most of us. I enjoy hearing the various stories and experiences with sellers and buyers out there. As much as it pisses us off, It's rather amusing.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Want another amusing story Jack ? How about this ?
Some guys on this forum know that I live on the eastern end of Long Island. Just getting off is a gigantic pain in the *ss. And it costs $$.
In 2005 I saw an ad on CL for a Malibu coupe. My son was a teenager and at the time and I thought it might be neat for him to have his own little project. In a way Im glad he grew up into not really being into cars at all.
The Malibu was an 81. It was in Providence RI. There was a single photo in the ad and it didnt look too bad. I figure if it doesnt look bad it might be worth going to look at it. If it looks like sh*t in the photo its only going to be worse in person.
So I called the guy selling the car. He was a hairdresser. Yup. I wont go further on that. Draw your own conclusions.
The car was purchased by his father brand new. He was making enough to have the car redone for his dad and when it was finished his father didnt want it. Nice huh ?
Guy says the car was rust free and he just had it "restored" by a local body shop. He told me to call the owner of the shop and they would tell me everything that was done. I called. Body shop owner tells me they had the car for two years and they gave the guy a good price because they used it as a fill in. Only rust was on the hood at the corner. He said he tried to get the guy to spring for a repop hood but the guy didnt want to spend the money so they welded in a patch.
The only other thing was they painted the car the dark gray from a Ford truck instead of the original silver. I could live with that.

So that Sat. I took my 2500 crew cab, hooked up my open trailer and drove up to RI with my buddy, his son and my son. It was pouring. We get to the guys house and the cars sitting in his garage with the door wide open. Of course my sons all excited. I walk over to the drivers door and every bit of rubber wipe is missing. The quarter window rubber is partially gone. Paint was a good 20 footer. I open the drivers door and the bottom is like Swiss cheese. The guy opened the trunk while I was looking at the door. I look inside the trunk and the shop lap welded patches into both quarters. The lap weld wasnt the issue though. They left the rotted jagged old panel ! Never cut it off. Unbelievable.

Told my son to go back to the truck. I didnt say a single word to the owner. I just looked at him and walked away. Got back in the truck and drove all the way back with nothing. I have a good friend that would have probably beat that little hairdressers *ss. It wasnt a good ride home.
Ah, those were the days ! The things you do for the love of a hobby !

Back in 1989 I drove to a little tonw called Beatyville in KY to look at a 72 SS Nova. That was a wasted trip too. I really need a different hobby. LOL

Reactions: 3 users

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
Look I appreciate ur input Motörhead Mike but the F u is a little too friggin much for this site or who the heck ever put it there. I have a 7 yr old grandson that likes cars especially here for some reason & brought ur foul mouth crap to my attention. I made the mistake of letting him read thru here which I WANT DO AGAIN because of a foul mouth who ever decides to post a F u! I don't appreciate ur or whomever language & yes I have heard worse being a LEO for 35 yrs dealing with the vermin of this world & my man I am not saying u r but that's uncalled for!
So if u would plz take the foul distasteful redneck verbiage our plz! If others out there disagree & as u may it's ur right but that goes to show whomever how ignorant we can be as anyone can read. So sir plz take into consideration if u will that & I assure u I want let my grandson read such vulgar crap from here in fact we want read from here any longer if the administrators of this excellent site condone such language in an open forum. What is said in private stays among those walls. I am really disappointed in this sir! As any other derogatory comments can be directed to me as I don't care but I ask u sir or whomever think of those who read these forums as not take a liking to distasteful vulgar & unwanted language! If u want to tell me or whomever to F off that's ur privileged
But thank u for reading this complaint sir!

• Dislike
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This topic has obviously struck a nerve with most of us. I enjoy hearing the various stories and experiences with sellers and buyers out there. As much as it pisses us off, It's rather amusing.

It is cathartic to vent.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Look I appreciate ur input Motörhead Mike but the F u is a little too friggin much for this site or who the heck ever put it there. I have a 7 yr old grandson that likes cars especially here for some reason & brought ur foul mouth crap to my attention. I made the mistake of letting him read thru here which I WANT DO AGAIN because of a foul mouth who ever decides to post a F u! I don't appreciate ur or whomever language & yes I have heard worse being a LEO for 35 yrs dealing with the vermin of this world & my man I am not saying u r but that's uncalled for!
So if u would plz take the foul distasteful redneck verbiage our plz! If others out there disagree & as u may it's ur right but that goes to show whomever how ignorant we can be as anyone can read. So sir plz take into consideration if u will that & I assure u I want let my grandson read such vulgar crap from here in fact we want read from here any longer if the administrators of this excellent site condone such language in an open forum. What is said in private stays among those walls. I am really disappointed in this sir! As any other derogatory comments can be directed to me as I don't care but I ask u sir or whomever think of those who read these forums as not take a liking to distasteful vulgar & unwanted language! If u want to tell me or whomever to F off that's ur privileged
But thank u for reading this complaint sir!

35 years as an LEO and you write like this? You also allow your Grandson to operate unattended on the internet? Yeah, I am the one sitting here feeling ashamed of myself...

Come on... you gotta be trolling us right?

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor