Selling Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Cars. Parts. Labour. Whatever. It is one of the worst experiences anyone can expose themselves today online. Even when you aren't trying to sell stuff they still manage to worm their way in and ruin your day. I bet these are the kind of people who would invite in for a beer and the next thing you know they are making a pass at your wife.

To the time wasting "Glenns" of the world: **** you.

Transcript (CAUTION: thanks to Mr. Rapidfire some responses were sent before the next half-wit thought processed in his mind and made its way to his finger tips).

Glenn
Tires and rims available?

Michael

The Welds aren't advertised but I would consider parting with them.
cleardot.gif

Glenn
What are the rim / tire sizes . I have an 86 olds cutlass

cleardot.gif

Michael

The fronts are 205/65s and rears are 255/60s, if I remember correctly - not at home to check. I believe the front wheels are 15x6 and the rears are 15x8.
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Glenn
So they would probably bolt right on as mine is also a gbody

cleardot.gif

Glenn
Any rubbing issues?

cleardot.gif

Michael

Oh definitely. I currently have them on my 87 Monte Carlo.
cleardot.gif

Glenn
I just realized you are 5 hours away ...damn

cleardot.gif

Michael

Where are you located?
cleardot.gif

Glenn
Bolton

cleardot.gif

Michael
My Mom lives in Georgetown. Our next trip down may be in August.
cleardot.gif

Glenn
That would be awesome,! Are rims still in good shape? Shine up nice ?any rust.? And how much would they be $ ?

cleardot.gif

Glenn
The same rims that are on the lemans right?

cleardot.gif

Glenn
Is there any way you can send me pics of close ups of the rims?

cleardot.gif

Michael

Yes the wheels are in good shape, and will hold a shine when polished. No physical damage other than being driven on. No rust; however the lugs/washers are chromed steel and will rust against the face of the wheel if you don't monitor them (touch up is aluminum foil and WD40). Nature of the beast. The tires are in acceptable condition - but hardly new. The car they are on is not being used at this time (project car) - I have attached a picture for your reference.

In the sale I will include:
4 x tires and wheel assemblies;
4 x centre caps;
2 x sets of lugs and washers from Weld (one metric, one SAE); and
2 x 5/16" aluminum wheel spacers for the rear.

The last offer I was made was $1000; and I will deliver them from Ottawa to Georgetown, Ontario for that price. Let me know.

Cheers,

Michael
cleardot.gif

Glenn

The back rims are the same right?.... In the pic they look different.
When will you know when you are coming to Georgetown???

Glenn

Ouch! $1k sounds a little pricey if the tires are not the greatest.

Michael
They are definitely a matched set. I have attached another picture to confirm.

I'll need to co-ordinate a visit with family/friends, we are heading out on vacation next week - so we aren't planning a trip to the GTA until Aug.

I will accept a 10% deposit on the wheels/tires with the balance due upon pick up. We cab accept PayPal or an E-transfer.

Cheers,

Michael

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I always ask the price first to see if I'm still interested before I waste anyone's time, including mine

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I always ask the price first to see if I'm still interested before I waste anyone's time, including mine

The best part is they weren't even listed. I don't mind the inquiry - but don't kick tires or lowball me through email, because you wouldn't try pulling crap that to my face. I have had more interest in stuff I don't have up for sale than the stuff I actually do. Reading and comprehension skills are lacking these days.

That being said, I just sold a bunch of parts (that I didn't have listed) to the guy I bought the UMI drag sway bar off of last week - so that went ultra smooth in both directions. But, it is such a rare occasion.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
And this is another beauty (he is referring to the TBSS ad)!

Guy
This has been on here forever.... remove the mods and sell them separately or price it to sell as I'm interested, but seriously.... not at this price.

I didn't even respond to this effective negotiating tactic. The best part is that I have his last name so even if he decides that he really does want it: I won't sell it to him.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm meeting a guy in Georgetown tomorrow to buy something after I make sure it is what he says it is. He wanted me to send him the full payment by email transfer today......:rofl:

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Too funny. I really only had one guy catch me on a bad day face to face. It ended with me scattering all the SS Shelving he was going to buy across the parking lot at work and keeping $50 for my trouble because he tried to short change me. Otherwise they are just internet trolls until I see the money. DONT FEED THE TROLLS !!

Most of my Kijiji stuff goes pretty smooth one you sort out the idiots

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I hate people in general. Most of the guys on the forum are cool but you guys are the exception to the rule. People in general just suck. Examples like these help prove my point.

Reading and comprehension skills are lacking these days.

^Agree x1000

I've heard a lot of people complain about selling things on Craigslist. They say it's a big hassle usually.

I found my Monte Carlo on Craigslist. I remember when I went to buy it how surprised the guy was when I was like "Yeah, I'll take it" and pulled the cash out to pay him. He told me how many people would stop by, look at it, test drive it and then not have the money to actually buy it. Remember that I only paid $500 for the car. Who goes to test drive a $650 car (original asking price) without cash in hand? Or try to completely insult him with ridiculously low offers. "I'll give you $100 for it". Seriously? If a running, driving, pretty solid '86 Monte Carlo isn't worth $500....WTF? Why waste someone's time when you know you can't afford or have no real intentions of buying what they're selling?

I don't know if I'd have the patience to sell things on Craigslist. Too many idiots out there who want something for nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
There's people out there that have nothing better to do than waste your time, and have no intention of buying the item(s) in the first place.
I've gotten people in the past that were allegedly interested in purchasing a part...they even sounded serious to the point that they want a shipping quote to wherever. Then you reply back and never get a response back from them. Why don't these asshats get a life. :wtf:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
When I sold my 84 Monte Carlo SS it seemed like everyone on the planet was trying to make me kill them! I had offers to scrap it for me, I was offered 1000-1500 by people who needed to bum a cigarette from me, I was even told it was fake! *ss holes all of them look at the car
IMG_20150329_182008.jpg
IMG_20150329_182444.jpg

That's why I tell people I'm a humanist I hate everyone equity! But only when I'm selling something I just don't like people trying to cut me at the knees

98k orignal car thousand bucks! Lucky he still has teath!

• Agree

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I've had these same experiences and more with selling cars.

One time I was selling a guitar on ebay and I got some scammer texting me. He sent me the fake paypal payment to make it look like he paid me, so I played along. He gave me a shipping address and I said I shipped it. I told him though he had to pick it up at an address local to hime. I gave him the address. It was his local Sheriffs office. He stopped contacting me.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor