Silverado 5.3 update 12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Interesting these LS with DOD have these issues, do the newer LT motors? The Hemi's also have cam and lifters failure issues, better now but still occurring occasionally. It will be interesting to see if the 5L Coyote has failures now that is DOD across all lines. There is enough cam phaser issues in Ferd's.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
disable only, still has AFM parts
lifter #7 got jammed. tore down the top, inspected with flashlight and camera, didn't get twisted and lobe looked ok, knocked the lifter loose with pushrod and hammer, connected computer and Disabled AFM. been running fine for the last 20 months.
That must be lucky #7 cause it seems like that's the one to go. My '08 had the #7 fail & basicly wiped out the engine. The garage that did the swap just had a Avalanche in a few weeks earlier with #7 failure that had to be a complete engine swap.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
That must be lucky #7 cause it seems like that's the one to go. My '08 had the #7 fail & basicly wiped out the engine. The garage that did the swap just had a Avalanche in a few weeks earlier with #7 failure that had to be a complete engine swap.
I'm like the 4th or 5th owner of my truck so I don't know if it happened before. bought it 174k, lifter failure at 185.7k miles

looking at my notes (I keep detailed service notes), I noted that Oil Life from the computer said 5% left after the fix and was having low oil pressure at around 20psi. did an oil change the day after fixing it, drove 3 miles back to the house and had a steady 40psi. idled for 5 minutes after parking and had a steady 30psi

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
I feel like the diablo tuner adjusted the shift points and the throttle response is slightly improved. The big reason i got it was for the DOD deactivation.

One annoying thing I'm dealing with now is a slight oil drip from around the oil filter adapter. Lots of people have said its probably the gasket between the oil cooler line and the oil filter adapter. Anyone else experiencing this?

Again apologies for hijacking this thread lol.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
One annoying thing I'm dealing with now is a slight oil drip from around the oil filter adapter. Lots of people have said its probably the gasket between the oil cooler line and the oil filter adapter. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yup that's common.

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Thats what im hearing. The oem gasket was a 6 dollar part and a low level of *ss pain to change or so i hear. Will do it once i complete the Jackson Pollock in oil on my driveway from the drips. Its coming along rather nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor