Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
This just happened. Guy sent me an email with his phone number asking me to text him.

20190816_175343.jpg

Been 20 mins and all I have is 'yup'

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I also have noticed on some FB listings or in groups, people saying “don’t ask me a million questions” when selling something. I interpret that as “I don’t know jack squat, I just want money”.

• Agree

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Or when they ask you all kinds of questions, when you give them your address, they tell you they live two hours away. Then they say they're gonna be in town for the fair, so they'll swing by.

"So when were you planning on leaving?"
"I'll tell you when I'm an hour out."
"but when will that be? I work nights, I can't wait up all day waiting for you to text me when you're half way here."
"I'll text you when I'm halfway there."

Comes over, looks it up while I'm sleeping (no one in the house bothered to wake me up), leaves, doesn't respond for a week, then just now messages me "I'll give you half of what you're asking."
No, **** off. As it sits it's worth 1000, I have it listed for 800, I am not going to take a dime less. 450 my *ss. it's not a rusty piece of sh*t. it needs both rear rockers and some patch panels on the passenger rear. That's IT. Every body mount is solid, floors are solid, cowl area, around all the windows, frame, everything. Interior is mint. It's as good as square bodies pretty much get around here for what I'm asking, unless you stumble upon grandpa's c10 that was a farm only truck or garaged its whole life.

if you couldn't tell I'm a little ****ing irritated.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
Or when they ask you all kinds of questions, when you give them your address, they tell you they live two hours away. Then they say they're gonna be in town for the fair, so they'll swing by.

"So when were you planning on leaving?"
"I'll tell you when I'm an hour out."
"but when will that be? I work nights, I can't wait up all day waiting for you to text me when you're half way here."
"I'll text you when I'm halfway there."

Comes over, looks it up while I'm sleeping (no one in the house bothered to wake me up), leaves, doesn't respond for a week, then just now messages me "I'll give you half of what you're asking."
No, **** off. As it sits it's worth 1000, I have it listed for 800, I am not going to take a dime less. 450 my *ss. it's not a rusty piece of sh*t. it needs both rear rockers and some patch panels on the passenger rear. That's IT. Every body mount is solid, floors are solid, cowl area, around all the windows, frame, everything. Interior is mint. It's as good as square bodies pretty much get around here for what I'm asking, unless you stumble upon grandpa's c10 that was a farm only truck or garaged its whole life.

if you couldn't tell I'm a little ****ing irritated.
Sounds like the same guy came over to my house to look at one of my cars!
When I run into a jerk like that I keep their name and number in my phone along with the car they were interested in. The last car I had for sale, my favorite jerk texted me about it, his name came up and I immediately remembered who he was. I replied, “Hi Jason, the price is firm”. For some reason, he never responded.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
jfc
View attachment 120969 View attachment 120970 View attachment 120971 View attachment 120972 View attachment 120973 View attachment 120974 View attachment 120975 View attachment 120976 View attachment 120977

Yes, yes, yes. I did fib a bit about the 454. Its fine. But: I'm still paying on it so its still at the shop, and buyers keep asking about it. I just tell them it was trashed. Im selling it as a roller. That id made very clear in the ad and in every conversation I've had about it with the 10+ people that have backed out.

the guy never made the offer you tried to tie him into so that's probably why he walked away. How much can you get for scrap?

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
People asking where you're located when it's CLEARLY listed in the ad

Then on top once finding out realize it's "too far" for them.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
As far as distance goes, I do no advertise (on CL) the town I’m in. I will post on the nearest largest city. In my case, that’s about an hour and twenty minutes way. This tells me that if they want to travel to see my car then they (the buyer) is willing to pay my asking price. I let them know the price is non-negotiable and to bring cash. So far, this has worked great.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Have one of these situations going on right now. Got a text late last night about a Holley 750 with a bunch of extra parts listed on Craigslist for $200.00 firm. Guy says he’ll buy it if I drop down to $175.00. I give in and say OK , it’s yours for $175.00. Says he’ll call me today. I wake up to a new text with him saying he’ll give me $200.00 IF I deliver it to nim in Weirton WV. Thats a 75 minute ride each way from the east suburbs of Pgh. where I live. Almost as bad as when I ran an add looking for a Gwagon. Guy calls me, sends pics, we agree on price and day/time to pic up. I line up a tow truck, get the cash . Right before leaving to pick it up he TEXTs (p*ssy) to say he changed his mind. Couldn’t even call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor