Stupid things buyers/sellers do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I like the question "still available?" but they never respond.

#1 reason I hate selling on FB Marketplace. They have a button to push that asks that very question. I have literally gotten that message 2 minutes after I posted something.

Like said, almost never hear anything out of them after a response to them

I really hate trying to sell anything in today's world of lowball flippers. Kudos to those of you who have the mindset for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
#1 reason I hate selling on FB Marketplace. They have a button to push that asks that very question. I have literally gotten that message 2 minutes after I posted something.

Like said, almost never hear anything out of them after a response to them

I really hate trying to sell anything in today's world of lowball flippers. Kudos to those of you who have the mindset for it.
I’ve had really good luck selling on Craigslist. However, I’ve learned a few things along the way that work for me.
1) Keep the wording simple and brief. Most people ( in my area) have an eighth grade reading level and even shorter attention span.
2) Be very clear, example: ‘has rust in lower right quarter,’ Not: ‘has rust in all the usual places.’
3) Place your ad on a Thursday evening especially at the end of the month.
4) Set guidelines, but not too many. Example: No trades, cash in person only.
This eliminates the guy who wants to trade a ten year old hot tub for your car.
5) Always include sharp/clear photos. I’ve never sold anything without pics in the ad.
6) Return calls promptly. Vehicle purchases are emotional. Strike while they are hot.

Reactions: 3 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I have a question.

Why do people hate when buyers ask if something is still available? Only thing I can come up with is all the people that ask that then don't follow through....

I always ask if it's still available first. Because there's usually no sense asking any more questions until I'm there, in person, looking at the car. Usually I'll say "Is this still available? I'd like to have a look this afternoon," or something to that effect.

I'm looking for another TDI, and I'm afraid that I'm not getting any replies because of the "is this still available" question. I've seen in other ads that say they will not entertain this question.

If it's because "well if the ad is still up, it's still for sale," that's horseshit because more often than not people do not delete their ads. But if <---that is posted right in the ad, then of course I wouldn't ask. This is not the case with the 3 cars I've asked about since saturday.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Why do people hate when buyers ask if something is still available? Only thing I can come up with is all the people that ask that then don't follow through
I have been asked that question 2 minutes after posting my ad, so of coarse it is still available, plus many people like me remove the add as soon as the item is sold.
So I look at an ad thinking if it is posted then it should still be for sale.

• Agree

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I have been asked that question 2 minutes after posting my ad, so of coarse it is still available, plus many people like me remove the add as soon as the item is sold.
So I look at an ad thinking if it is posted then it should still be for sale.
You & those like you are the exception.... Many others never remove the ad.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You & those like you are the exception.... Many others never remove the ad.
That makes absolutely no sense to me having people call, text or message me for a part I no longer have.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have one guy who asks about the T5 WC I have for sale every 2 or 3 weeks. He asked me this week if I had any offers so I replied I'm in no hurry to sell it so he wouldn't try to low ball me. He came back with he is no hurry to buy it. So I went back and said yes the market is flooded with T5 WC so no need to rush. He came back with that there is very few cause the T5 WC can't handle any power and they are all scrapped and that is why he is going to get a T56. I'd put money on it he'll be back but he's due.........so here is what I am going to do, put an add on Kijiji to sell a T56 under my other account and have some fun with him.... :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
That makes absolutely no sense to me having people call, text or message me for a part I no longer have.
I agree but I also know there are a bunch of lazy people out there. I've called on items listed for sale only to find out it was sold "weeks ago".

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
so that guy who said the T5 WC were basically junk just sent me an offer....:rofl:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor