Stupid things buyers/sellers do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Just missed out on an atv with a plow.....

me: "Can I come see it this afternoon?"

them: "Can't show it until 6:00."

me: "Sure 6 works great."

Them: 5:15pm "Sorry sold."

I live an hour away, so I was already trailered up and on the road to go get this thing. Obviously someone forgot to change their clocks back :rolleyes:

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I like the guy who thinks everyone is hurting for money
The guy that lowballs you like he’s doing you a favorite

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
The sight unseen lowballers. Although I've start playing with them, since they actually have no interest in buying.

Me too. My ad says OBO, but if you ask me what my bottom dollar is, the price is suddenly FIRM. So far, none of these dummies have questioned why my ad says OBO.

Last edited:

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Sellers who say they "have the title" but really only have a title from someone else that's not them or in their name & then proceed to tell you "how easy" it is to get it done.
When selling a vehicle or parts from my house or storage unit, I will not meet someone there..... I'll meet them @ a convenient (for me), busy, public location near-by until I get a feel for them. Some still insist on knowing what MY address is.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
I never put OBO in my ads. To me, it invites "low-ballers". Nor do I put that I will do a trade (which I have never done). I always insert the words 'in person - cash only - no negotiations over the phone'.
It's amazing how many callers will try to get a lower price over the phone using the excuse that they are so many hours away. It doesn't work.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I never put OBO in my ads. To me, it invites "low-ballers". Nor do I put that I will do a trade (which I have never done).

I tried having the price as FIRM, but I've found I'll get zero interest. I think that most people NEED to feel like they can get a deal, otherwise they think they're getting ripped off (15 years in auto parts sales tells me so.) Most of the time now I dont use either OBO or FIRM, this way when some pickle decides to be a dick, I can tell him price is firm.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a T5 WC for sale, 2 people (or maybe the same guy) have asked for the numbers on a tag. I can't read the tag but the noted year on the casing is 88 which I told him/them along with it came out of a Camaro 5.0. He said he needs to see the tag to make sure what it came out of. I told him I'll get a tag from a 93 T5 WC and double the price...... :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor